Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Funday

Today was another fun day.  Carter woke up at 6:50 after Ty and I had stayed up until 11:30 last night and were wiped from the half-marathon.  I got up with him because I knew if I was sore, achy, and tired, Ty must feel 10x worse.  Adelynn woke up a little bit after Carter and we all played together. 
Adelynn feeding Carter.

When Ty got up we all got ready and went out to the trails to run/walk.  Chris had left earlier to get in an 8 mile run, so we met up with him at the trail.  Ty, Chris, and Candice all walked 1.5 miles together.  I ran 3 miles with Carter and my mom ran 3.5 miles.  I caught up with Ty, Chris, and Candice about half a mile from our cars and walked back with them.  Ty wasn't too keen on the idea of walking, but I convinced him it would stretch out his legs and make them feel better, which it did.
Ty and Harper at the park after their walk.

Our walk finished at the parking lot where we had parked which has a park area.  We let Adelynn play at the park and I carried Carter around and helped him play on some of the toys with her.  He also went down a slide for the first time and had a blast.  He even figured out he would go down the slide if he pushed off with his feet.  I would hold onto him, he would push off, and smile like crazy as he went down the slide.
His favorite toys at the park were the leaves.  He kept trying to shove them in his mouth.


For lunch we went to Free Birds.  We packed Carter some cheese and grapes to eat.  He finished all of his food and kept trying to grab tortilla chips off my plate.  We decided to buy him some black beans to eat.  It was his first restaurant food and, man, did he love it!  The restaurant had really loud music and he was dancing along, eating his beans, just as happy as could be.


Messy face!
Carter had a blast with Adelynn.  He wanted to keep up with her and was always watching her.  When they left she gave him a hug.  He reached around her head and grabbed a handful of her hair.  Right after she left he was out for the count.  He was one tired boy!

2 comments: