Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Week 21 Bumpdate

Once again we did our pictures after dinner.  We were cutting it close to Carter's bedtime so I forgot to brush and re-put my hair up.  I really wish I had because it looks all crazy due to having run a little while earlier.
 


November 25, 2014

Baby's Size: Baby is the size of a carrot, about 10.5 inches head to heel and three-quarters of a pound.  Eyebrows and eye lids are now present.

Weight Gain: I'm still at 7 pounds gained this week.  Hopefully my weight gain will slow down for a little bit.  I feel good about not gaining any more this week.  It makes me feel reassured that I was gaining a pound a week because Elise and everything that goes with her was growing so much!  With Thanksgiving coming up hopefully I can stay in control of my eating and not gain weight from going overboard on food!

Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing mostly maternity clothes with just a few regular tops thrown in.  This week I definitely started to full-on look pregnant!  Right now I have to be careful which underwear I wear.  I have a few pairs with a tighter waistband and they are tight and make me sore!

Sleep: Some nights I wake up only once to go to the bathroom but most nights it's more like 3-5 times.  I've been tired enough I go back to sleep pretty quickly after Ty wakes up at 6 am.  I'm still taking a 30 minute nap during Carter's nap time.  Otherwise I'm ready for bed at 9 pm and that really cuts into my alone time with Ty since Carter goes to bed at 8.

Symptoms: I swear I feel way bigger than I should.  When I'm sitting on the ground it's already getting difficult to get up.  It's uncomfortable to bend over and I get out of breath from doing it.  My parents and I volunteered at a water stop during one of our favorite local half-marathons/marathons and when we were picking up cups after the last runner went through I was struggling!  There are other times I struggle to breathe, especially when Carter is sitting on my lap while I read to him.  I'm a little concerned since Elise is still confined to underneath my belly button.  When she stretches higher I'm going to be in trouble!  I remembered my gums bleeding after I flossed with Carter and that just started happening this week.  My tummy is officially very sore!  When Skippy tries to walk on it, it hurts.  It's also unpleasant when Carter decides to dive bomb onto my stomach or accidentally kicks it when sitting in the shopping cart!  I've also been having more gas.  It is totally unexpected and just squeaks out randomly.  Carter loves to point it out and will yell, "Mommy tooot!"  Luckily they don't smell, but I'm just waiting for it to happen in public where Carter will call me out!  Oh, and I finally had a full week with no dry heaves, woot woot! 

Running: My weekly mileage was again 13 miles.  I ended up taking 3 days off.  Monday was the coldest day of the week and I was really tired so I took the day off.  Then Thursday Carter napped until 5:30pm because he went down late and napped for longer than normal so I didn't have time to run.  Saturday morning we volunteered at a water stop for a 5k and it was raining all morning.  After being cold and wet volunteering I just couldn't get motivated to go out for a run.  I did have a couple of really good runs this week.  One day I even averaged 8:45 pace after my first mile (which is always slow and was 9:20) while running with Carter in the stroller and Thomas' dog, Quinn.

Food Cravings: One day I was desperate for crab rangoons.  Other than that I haven't really craved anything and am just super excited for Thanksgiving!

Food Aversions: Still barbeque and smoked meat, yuck!

Movement: Little miss moves anytime I sit or lay down.  Her movements are gaining strength and are becoming full on kicks or punches.  I love feeling her moving around!

Best Moment of the Week: My parents came to visit this weekend to volunteer for the races on Saturday and Sunday and we got a lot of things done.  Now that baby's sex has been confirmed I felt comfortable starting on some of the room preparations.  We went to a fabric store and picked out fabric for my mom to make valences and curtains for the nursery just like she did for Carter.  Then we went to Buy Buy Baby and registered.  I figured that way if anyone wants to get us presents for Christmas, they can pick up something off the registry.  We really don't need anything, but it would be nice to have color coordinating sheets and changing table covers for the room. 

Currently Loving: That it's obvious I'm pregnant.  Before if I got any comments I could tell people were a little anxious just in case I wasn't pregnant.  Now people confidently ask me when I'm due and whether I'm having a boy or girl. I love showing off the bump!     

Miss Anything: I can't think of anything other than, I guess, being able to breathe when Carter's sitting on my lap.

What Big Brother is Up to This Week: We've been learning about shapes and Carter is doing a great job!  He recognizes and knows the name of star and rhombus.  The rest of the shapes he can sort based on shape, but needs help saying their names.  He's been super smitten with Jake and points at things that belong to "Jakers" and says his name.  He also asks for him each morning and starts dancing when Jake arrives.  My Week 21 Bumpdate with Carter.

Carter wanted to wear Ty's turkey hat for pictures.
 
 
 
Fixing Carter's hat.  I thought this was an interesting view of the bump.

2 comments:

  1. You look cute as always and I love Carter's expressions.

    ReplyDelete