Monday, July 7, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

After our fun and festive 4th of July celebration we spent the weekend at my parents' house.  Carter had such a blast playing with everyone.  He didn't quite know what to do with the attention of mommy, daddy, grammy, grampy, Uncie Jeremy, and Uncie Tommy all at once.  Although he is quite used to soaking up the limelight!

Saturday morning I went for a run while Carter took a walk with Grampy and I met up with them at the park.  Then we headed to a coffee date at Starbucks with one of my best friends, Melissa.  I don't know why I didn't even think to get a picture of Carter with Mel.  I've been failing with picture taking lately.  We'll call it me living more in the moment.  Ty and Carter enjoyed taking some pictures of themselves while we were chatting.  It was so good to see her and we plan to catch up with her more often.  After Carter napped we headed to a nearby town to pick up a box of goodies Ang sent with her husband for us.  She had shoes and other goodies in there (I'm so glad we wear the same size shoe).  Carter played with some toys she sent for him the entire way home!  We took the opportunity to do some shopping and then go out to eat at one of my mom's favorite restaurants.  They were so accommodating to Carter and even added spinach to his grilled cheese sandwich for me.  I like to take what he eats and make it a bit healthier.  I always add spinach to his grilled cheese sandwiches (and mine for that matter).  I hope he gets so used to it, he prefers it to a plain grilled cheese.  I know I do!  On our way out of town we stopped for frozen custard and Carter was so cute mooching ice cream from his Uncie Jeremy!  We got home past Carter's bedtime and he went right down to sleep after his nap.
Harper wanted on the merry-go-round with Carter.
Ty and Carter taking pictures at Starbucks.

Shopping at the mall.
 

Enjoying some of Uncie Jeremy's ice cream.
Playing with toys from Auntie Ang.

Sunday morning around 3:30 am I woke up to an extremely loud thunderstorm.  I laid in bed for a while waiting for the storm to wake Carter up, but he never cried so I went back to sleep.  I was shocked the storm didn't wake him and he slept until 7:30!  I was still feeling a bit tired and sluggish after we got up so we lazed around, read books, listened to music, and did some dancing.  When Carter went down for a nap I laid down for a bit and ended up falling asleep as well.  Carter either woke up and played in his crib for a while or napped for 3 hours which meant I napped for about 2 hours!  It was way too long and I felt really drowsy when I woke up.  I had slept through lunch and it was late enough I figured I might as well wait until dinnertime to eat.  I talked everyone into an early dinner and we headed out to Ty's favorite restaurant a little after 4:00. 

Carter's meal came with a drink and our choices were milk, but it wasn't whole milk, pineapple juice, or orange juice.  Carter loves pineapple and has never tried pineapple juice so we ordered that for him.  He loved it and chugged his whole cup down which we replaced with water.  He was happily eating and talking the entire meal and then all the sudden began screaming and reaching for me.  I pulled him out of his high chair and began rocking him.  He instantly straightened his legs out and wiggled around.  I could tell he was really uncomfortable.  When I changed his diaper his bottom was bright red and his poo smelled atrocious.  The only thing we could figure was that the pineapple juice was too much and irritated his bottom when it came out.  He spent the rest of the evening diaperless and didn't even want to sit in the bathtub because his tush hurt so badly!

After dinner Ty packed up to head home.  He has a work trip to Florida Monday through Thursday and flew out this morning.  We were so sad to see him go, but it is nice that Carter and I were already at my parents' house so we will stay here until I need to go back Wednesday for my tutoring appointment.  Ty will be gone on our anniversary so we will celebrate a day late when he arrives home Thursday.

Carter was still in the bathtub when visitors began to arrive.  Brent and Bo (the boys I used to babysit for) along with their parents came over to hang out for a bit.  Then my friend, Erin, and her son, Hayden, came by to see us.  Carter normally loves playing with Hayden, but he was so intrigued by Brent, he didn't seem to notice Hayden very much.  Carter went over to sit by Brent on the couch and anytime Brent looked away, Carter would lean forward and babble on about something to get Brent's attention.  It was adorable!  Today we are going over to see Erin and Hayden once Carter wakes up from his nap.  I'm sure he'll be more interested in playing with Hayden since there will be fewer distractions.

I made the mistake of staying up until midnight last night so of course Carter woke up at 6:30 this morning.  We played quietly upstairs so everyone else could sleep.  Then I took Carter and Harper on a run.  When Carter saw the stroller set up in the living room, he walked over to it and said "ride" over and over.  I traded Harper for Fezzik when we got back and we walked to the playground to play.  Grampy went for a run and met up with us at the park.  Grammy was walking toward us when we got back and Carter got so excited he ran to her.  He helped her water the garden while I got myself some breakfast and then played in a turtle water sprinkler I used to play in as a kid.  It was a great morning even though we missed Ty. 
Carter walking Fezzik.
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. That turtle sprinkler has really held up, hasn't it? Very cute pictures. I love him walking Fezzik. Fezzik is just a little bigger than Carter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really is quite amazing! Especially because it's not like we were careful with the sprinkler. I'd even go as far as to say we were a bit rough with it.

      Delete
    2. Okay, pineapple story time! My best friend from high school, Tammy, went to Hawaii with her fiancé and his mother and brother. So they LOVED all the fresh pineapple available everywhere in Hawaii, over ate it, and had diarrhea on their vacation in Hawaii!! This was before marriage, so Tammy shared a room with her future mother-in-law!! Ahh! Togetherness!!

      Delete
    3. Oh my goodness, that's awful! We learned pineapple is a good thing, but too much of a good thing is not good at all!

      Delete