Friday, July 18, 2014

Let the Driving Begin

Today Carter and I leave for a daunting car ride to Virginia.  My uncle (my mom's brother), aunt, and 2 cousins all live in the area and we are going out to visit them.  My cousin's son, Grant, is having his 3rd birthday on Monday and I still haven't met him.  The last time I went out to visit was for their baby shower in honor of Grant.  My other cousin Jamie welcomed a baby, Julianna, in October and we haven't had the chance to meet her either.  I am excited to see everyone, especially Grant and Julianna, but I'm really bummed Ty can't come with us.  He doesn't have enough days off work to drive and we can't afford to fly.
Carter's ready to start the drive!

I'm riding with my parents which gives me help with Carter and saves us gas money.  We will be gone for a total of 11 or 12 days.  We figure if we are taking the time to drive all the way out there we might as well do some sight seeing along the way and I've never been to Washington D.C. so we will definitely sight see there.  We also plan to stop and see some family in St. Louis on the way back.  Ty and I have never been apart for more than 5 days and I'm dreading being away from him for so long.  Wednesday night I told him I was going to miss him so much and his response was, "How do you think I feel?  I have to be away from you AND Carter.  Plus I have to hang out with Harper who just mopes around the whole time you are gone.  She really brings the happiness level down around here."  He cracks me up!  Although I know he'll miss us he has already planned a movie watching binge and meals that are a no go when I'm home.  He told me at the top of his list is nachos, frito chili pie, and hot dogs.  Oh man!  He'll be eating in true bachelor style.  
Leaving at naptime was a success!

6 comments:

  1. Pew-wee!! I don't want to live in that bachelor home and smell all that bachelor eating from the processed end!!!
    Just saying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I hope we get to see you in St Louis!! Enjoy your trip!! Can't wait to hear all about it and see you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So ironic that you all arrived in Virginia RIGHT as Liam and I left! ;) Enjoy your visit with family! Also, Ty is hilarious. His comments always make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think of that! Ty cracks me up. Not only is he cute, he's also funny!!!

      Delete