Sunday, July 20, 2014

Some Poo and Some More Driving

Friday night Carter was wiped out but struggled to fall asleep because he wanted to be held. I assume mostly due to being in the car seat for most of the day and not getting snuggles. So I held him until he fell asleep and then laid him down. I was reading and lost track of time. Around 11:30 Carter woke up screaming and stood in his Pack n Play desperate for me to come get him. I laid down with him on my chest for a bit and then rolled him off to the side so I could brush my teeth and get ready for bed. When I came back in I didn't see him on the bed and started to panic before I realized he had pulled the covers over himself. I laid down to begin a fitful night of sleep. Carter wanted to be right up against me and resting his head on me, it was nuts but I also loved it.  We woke up to someone knocking on our door at 8:30 am. I couldn't believe Carter had slept that late, but it was great! It turned out to be mom who was so sure we were already awake, it hadn't crossed her mind that she might wake us. We headed down to breakfast and then Jeremy and I headed out for a run while mom and dad played with Carter in the swimming pool.
Enjoying his breakfast.
After our run Jeremy and I headed up to shower. I had just put shampoo in my hair when mom knocked on my door with Carter who was ready to rinse off and get dressed for the day. Carter got in the shower with me to rinse off. As I walked into the room from the bathroom after our shower I noticed the curtains were still open from when Carter was watching out the window earlier in the day so I decided to get dressed really quickly before getting Carter dressed. That was a mistake. As I was pulling my shirt over my head I heard Carter say, "I poop" and then heard a toot. I whipped around in time to see him drop a deuce directly on the floor. He immediately stood up and ran away crying, I think because he knew there shouldn't be poo on the floor. I assured him it was okay and it was my fault for waiting too long to put his diaper on and that I would clean it up. I rubbed his back and then rushed to the bathroom to get toilet paper so I could pick up his poop. As I walked by him with the tissue of poop in my hand he pinched his nose and said "stinky". Then he ran after me and waved bye bye to the poopy as I flushed it. It was too cute to be stressed about the mess. Figuring he'd already pooped and was finished I went ahead and used a wipe to clean the carpet although there were no remnants of poo on the carpet. Carter enjoyed turning the speaker on the phone and dancing to the dial tone while I cleaned.
He has such a cute little naked booty!
Once everything was cleaned up and we were packed we loaded the car and headed out a little before 11:00. Carter enjoyed playing with Grammy's reading glasses, Scout, and a bean bag. We stopped for lunch after 12:00 and let Carter walk around and play for a while. We even walked across the street to an outlet shop where Grammy bought Carter a pair of Stride Rite shoes. He tried them on and loved them so much we let him run around the store hopping and getting on his tippy toes as we went.
Helping Grampy put the cart away.
Trying out his new shoes in the store while wearing a Rams hat for his Uncie Tommy.
Back in the car little mister was wiped and almost immediately fell asleep. About 45 minutes later he woke up crying and we realized he had a poopy diaper so we stopped at a rest area to change it. We let Carter walk around for a bit. Much to our dismay Carter didn't go back to sleep in the car. Although my mom and I enjoyed playing with him. We made silly faces at each other, read books, and high fived. The rest of our drive was pretty uneventful until my mom got bored, yelled Lamberts, and threw left over rolls from dinner last night at Jeremy and dad in the front seat.  To which dad replied, "You really shouldn't be giving Carter things he can throw."  We laughed so hard that dad actually thought Carter was able to hit him in the head with a roll when throwing it over the car seat and not looking.  We stopped for dinner where Carter again wooed all the other people with his sweet smile and "hi".  As we were leaving he yelled "mommy" and ran up to an older lady who was just thrilled to get the attention.  He knows how to pick them!  Tomorrow we have another 6 hour drive ahead of us which will end in Virginia where we will meet up with my aunt and uncle as well as my mom's cousin and his wife at the hotel.  It will be nice to see some family after all of our driving!
Running around at the rest area.
Looking cute in his new shoes during a driving break.
Making faces in the car.

4 comments:

  1. That cute hinny and those crazy faces!! Doesn't get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His faces are hysterical! My brother, Thomas, got him started and he has really taken off with them!

      Delete
  2. It's nice to relive the trip with the blog. I love the faces, especially when he rolls his eyes up.

    ReplyDelete