Saturday, February 22, 2014

Carter Loves Cars

I should specify here, Carter loves to play with toy cars.  Riding in an actual car is definitely not his thing.  Friday after work we loaded up the car and headed to my brother, Thomas', house for the weekend.  He did pretty well in the car, especially considering he was going on just a one hour nap.  Toward the end of the trip we were past his bedtime and he started losing his cool.  After all other tricks failed I pulled out my phone and played Pete the Cat videos for him which dried the tears until my phone battery died because I had forgotten to charge it.
Playing with cars at daycare.
Playing with his new cars from Target.
 


Now the toy cars are a hit.  He's had a few he's always loved to play with.  Then one day at Target I found the cutest little toy cars in the dollar spot.  I got him one of each: a firetruck, a police car, a school bus, and a car.  He's been playing with them nonstop since.  I set up a ramp and showed Carter how to let go of the car and let it roll down the ramp.  Each time he tried he either drove the car down the ramp or let it haphazardly bump around on it's side.  After a few tries he finally got it.  I was so proud of him!  I couldn't believe he picked it up so quickly.  My little man is so smart!

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute. You can tell he loved the car going down the ramp.

    ReplyDelete