Sunday, February 2, 2014

A Wonderful Weekend

This weekend we went to my hometown for a baby shower and to celebrate my dad, mom, and Jeremy's birthdays a bit late.  During the morning on Saturday it iced quite a bit.  Walking on the sidewalk was treacherous and, when carrying Carter, downright scary.  We went to lunch as part of the birthday celebration and when we returned home, Thomas slipped on the ice.  As we were getting out of the car, we looked over and Thomas was laying on the ground.  Luckily Jeremy snatched Thomas' box of leftovers up before they all slid onto the grass.  We got the same weather a day later which resulted in school being canceled for tomorrow.  It's our last built-in snow day, but I don't care.  I'll take an extra day home with Carter whenever I can!
Reading with grammy.

My parents' house has 3 floors: a basement, the main floor, and an upstairs.  Carter had never showed any interest in the stairs until this trip.  His main source of entertainment was crawling up the stairs, being helped back down, and then doing it all over again.  I had so much fun watching him go up and down the stairs, getting a little bit better at it each time he completed the steps.  Although I did hold my breath the entire time he went back down and my heart skipped a couple beats here and there.  It made me so nervous to watch him head back down.  Most the time he would reach for me and I would hold his hands as he went down, but every once in a while he'd want to slide down on his own and I could barely breathe I was so nervous!  You can see some of my nervousness in the video as I followed him up the stairs!

We left earlier than we normally would today because Ty wanted to make it home in time to watch the Super Bowl.  We were worried it would take longer to get home due to the icy road conditions, but we didn't hit any ice on the highway and the roads close to our house were cleared.  Ty ran to the store when we got home and got groceries for the week.  Then we cooked up some quesadillas to eat as we watched the game.  I put a drop cloth we use when we paint down in the living room and carried Carter's high chair in so he could watch the Super Bowl with us.  He enjoyed his quesadilla, but wasn't too impressed with the game.  I was rooting for the Broncos because we are close to Colorado and I love Petyon Manning.  Obviously I wasn't too impressed with the game and became disgusted enough I gave up watching and worked on this post.

Ready to watch the Super Bowl in his special chair from his Great Aunt Tina.

2 comments:

  1. I love the chair from Aunt Tina, and the stairs being wood sure don't help make a person less nervous.

    ReplyDelete