Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Wordless Wednesday

Jeremy Update:

Yesterday Jeremy ate some food with help and today he was already feeding himself. Today he had some orange sherbet and a banana. My dad took a video of him eating both times and it was fun to watch him swing the banana peel around as he ate. I took some of the simple books Carter and I have written up for him to look at yesterday. Today my mom was showing them to him and he successfully read a book we wrote about the color green. Each page listed something that was green which was also shown in the picture. Carter loved the video my parents sent of his Uncie J reading his book! With the OT he was shooting a ball into a trash can and made it pretty much every time. So not only can he still beat Thomas in a race while in a coma, read more here, he has better aim with his brain not fully functioning than I do on a regular basis! He no longer needs to be in the ICU so they moved him rooms today. That was pretty overstimulating for him and got him a bit worked up. My dad came to our house to eat dinner and while he was here, Jeremy tried to get out of bed multiple times. My mom was able to restrain him and he moved around accidentally hitting his head once. When I arrived to visit he was much more calm, but still agitated. We wanted to be close to his bed in case he tried to get up again so I was sitting really close to his bed which gave him great access to me and he slapped me a couple of times. He also reached over and held my hand as well. I was talking to him and he randomly yelled out, "I don't remember!" I hadn't asked him a question or said anything that related to that, so I know he's just getting to the point of being frustrated that he can't remember much. I told him it was okay to not remember and as his brain continues to heal he will remember more. He kept saying "oww." I told him I wished I could make him stop hurting. He looked at me and said, "You can't?" I explained to him I can't do anything to make the pain go away, but his nurses can bring him medicine that can help. I sure wish I could do something though! I shouldn't have picked a name so similar to mine for my daughter as Jeremy has been calling me Elise every now and then. Mostly he calls me Liz, but every once in a while he says Elise! Hopefully tomorrow once he has adjusted to the new room, he feels safer and less agitated. I hate to see him in pain and confused. They still have him listed as level 3 of recovery, but we are seeing more and more behaviors that would indicate he is nearing level 4.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Dressed in their Valentine's Day outfits and ready for a playdate.
 
Took a break during a playdate to read.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Trying spaghetti squash for the first time.
 
 
Spending time with Jeremy's cat, Mr. Jones and Agent Smith.
 
 
 
Wearing Gma's ear muffs while on a hike.
 
 
Super Bowl party, haha!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Elise was sitting in my lap and leaned back so she could have her head in Carter's lap and her legs in my lap.
Eating spaghetti for the first time!
Sleeping on 2 pillows, haha!
 
Excited for his Valentine's Day cookie from Uncle Mike and Aunt Judy.
Playing with Valentine's Day rulers from Gigi and Papa.
 
Trying a beer flight on a rare date night, thanks to Ty's parents!


2 comments:

  1. Carter looks like he was imitating Uncie Jay at the house, reading on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so cute walking in to see him all splayed out!

      Delete