Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Wordless Wednesday

Jeremy Update:
 
BIG news today! Early this afternoon we found out Jeremy had been accepted into TIRR Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation Center in Houston, Texas. This evening we received news that Jeremy's insurance had approved Jeremy's move to TIRR. The center is out of network so it will be a 50% copay but we feel it is worth it to be near family and to be at the hospital ranked #2 nationally for rehabilitation. TIRR is also a leader in research for treatment for TBI which will be extremely beneficial for Jeremy. We are excited that he could be transferred as soon as tomorrow or Friday. Right now the facility he is at is not challenging him and he is not receiving enough OT or PT to keep him motivated and progressing. We are thrilled he will be moving to a facility where he will receive a minimum of 3-4 hours of therapy per day. Right now he is bored and continuously talking about going home. First thing this morning I got a text from him requesting I pick him up and take him to his house. Then my mom said he was telling people his sister was coming to get him. When Carter and I showed up to visit, he immediately got into my purse while I was dealing with Carter and snatched my keys out of my purse. We were able to get them back but not without a verbal assault. He still doesn't have much of an appetite and it is difficult to get him to eat. I suggested a hot dog to my younger brother and he picked one up on his way to visit and said Jeremy was actually eating some of it. While I was there Jeremy randomly told me, "I don't even feel like running." I told him that's because his body isn't ready to run yet. Once he's stronger and able to run again he will probably want to do it again. I showed him some race photos and he replied that the races were fun. Then I showed him a picture from a Halloween race we ran and asked him how many races he ran in his costume and he said, "2 or 3." We ran 2 Halloween races, so he was right on the money! Then I showed him pictures from the Race into the New Year. We have been told he most likely would only have memories from a few days before the accident so I was curious as to what he would say. He said, "I kind of remember that one. Was it at night?" I told him more about the race and he smiled at me. It seems his memory is coming back little by little. Now on to picture overload! 

From the previous pictures you'd think Carter knocked her down, but he rode down with her on his lap here.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Caught in action, pulling out stocking caps and trying them on!
 
 
Elise woke up from her nap before Carter. I went to the bathroom and found her in her. I guess she wanted brother to get up and play with her!
 
 
Eating potato for the first time. It was boiled to soften it up.
I though Jeremy looked like an angel here.
 
 
Carter had a hard time falling asleep until Zuma came to lay with him.
Laying down ready for a movie rest because he got woken up from his nap after 30 minutes by the dog and couldn't fall back to sleep.

He took a break at the party to call his daddy.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Carter and his buddy, Grant.
Trying sloppy joe for the first time.
Writing names on valentines before his Valentine's Day party at a friend's house.
 
 
One of the nurses gave Carter some ice cream during his wheel chair ride.
 
 
Ty let Carter draw on the drywall he was using to fix our laundry room wall where there had been a leak.


Carter helping daddy with our laundry room remodel.


Elise's first outdoor picnic.




Harper has been napping with Carter lately and I LOVE it!




Trying sloppy joes for the first time.


Carter loves to walk Bobbie, my parents' dog.

Visiting Mr. Jones at Jeremy's house.


Helping me sand and paint the laundry room to help daddy out.

He did such a great job not spilling paint I let him keep his pants on and then at the end he wiped his hands on his pants! I knew better!



Carter using the walker while Jeremy rode in the wheel chair.

Switching it up, Jeremy with the walker and Carter in the wheel chair.

Jeremy letting Carter feed him peaches.

Carter riding on Jeremy's good leg.

Carter actually singing and dancing along at storytime.

Reading books on our way home from the library.








No comments:

Post a Comment