Saturday, February 6, 2016

Jeremy Update

This afternoon the respitory therapist (RT) put a thinner tube down Jeremy's tube which hooks up to his trach. He is now able to breathe around the tube better and is able to speak more. Sometimes what he says is still unclear as he's pushing most the air through his trach. While I was visiting I heard him say help and a string of curse words. Later my mom said he told the nurse, "Get off of me!" When the nurse was pricking him to check his sugar levels. While I was there we thought we'd have Jeremy practice brushing his teeth. Normally that consists of someone guiding his hand to do it. When my dad handed Jeremy the toothbrush he just started brushing on his own. When he was done he launched the brush and it hit the wall on the other side of the room and bounced to the floor. It was quite impressive! We are all pleased with his progress. I'm excited for him to get another piece added to his trach tube which will make it easier for him to speak and to be heard. I'm interested to see what he'll be saying once he becomes less confused and is ready to say more than just express his displeasure with his current situation. He continues to improve little bits at a time!

2 comments:

  1. The slap on the back of the head was saying "I said I want back in the bed!" Sorry little sister Liz but that cracked me up! I am thankful to read your blogs and be educated on Jeremy's journey to recovery. It helps me to understand the phases. Keep it up Jeremy! All the way to 10!! Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was funny. He is still a spitfire and I have always loved that about him!

      Delete