Sunday, February 21, 2016

Jeremy Update

Today Jeremy had his first session of PT at the new facility. The therapist got him on a stationary bike to ride for a while and then had him do some arm exercises. The SLP came in to do a speech and language eval with him. I didn't get many details about that but from what my dad said in a text Jeremy has some deficits but he's not aware of them. My mom finally got him to eat by giving him smaller portions of food and telling him he had to take a bite every 10 minutes. He had some bites of carrots, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, cupcake, meat, and it seems like something else. We got to FaceTime with him today and then he called to tell Carter good night which was sweet. My best friend, Ang, doesn't live too far from Houston and her parents are about 45 minutes away so her parents visited Jeremy today and he texted me to tell me how nice they were and how much he enjoyed their visit. He said we need to come visit before he leaves because there is a good zoo there. I said we are tentatively planning on visiting this weekend and he responded that he hopes to be home by then. He is still quite focused on leaving to return home which is typical for level 5 of recovery. Tomorrow will be a busy day for him and I'm interested to hear how everything goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment