Friday, December 2, 2016

Carter is Thankful

Last year I had Carter write something he was thankful for every day during our Thanksgiving learning theme. We wrote on strips of paper and then created a chain that we used to countdown to Christmas. Carter wrote something he was thankful for and I wrote something I was thankful for so Carter did some strips and I filled in the rest. This year I wanted to have 2 chains so Elise could pull strips off too. We started writing things we were thankful for in the beginning of November to make sure we would have enough strips but then found ourselves cramming in multiple strips yesterday. It was a valiant effort on my part anyway. Last year I documented what Carter was thankful for in a post here and wanted to do the same this year. Elise even got involved ripping apart strips I had written on and yelling out random words when I asked her what she was thankful for. I'm recording what she said she was thankful for as well. You may notice a theme to Carter's strips, spoiler alert: he really loves his sister and his dog! We are on day two and I have already repaired Elise's chain twice. Thankfully she understands which one is hers and hasn't messed with Carter's. She also had a temper tantrum when I only allowed her to open one door on her advent calendar as she wanted more chocolate. It's looking to be a very exciting advent season with Elise!
Carter writing what he's thankful for.

Carter is thankful for...
  1. Harper not running off (he wrote this when we were pet sitting for Thomas and his dog, Quinn, ran away).
  2. Mommy, daddy, and Elise for staying with me.
  3. My buddies for not breaking (meaning his lovies and stuffed animals he sleeps with).
  4. For Jake to come to my house sometimes.
  5. For my friends.
  6. Daddy and Elise
  7. My dog and cat, Skippy and Harper.
  8. Locke and seeing rainbows with him.
  9. The playground.
  10. Elise and my family.
  11. My friends.
  12. My dog.
  13. My bike.
  14. Sleeping in my house.
  15. My trains.
  16. My dog, Harper.
  17. Elise and my other friends. 
Elise is thankful for:
  1. blueblue (blueberries)
  2. wawa (water)
  3. side (outside)
  4. ca (car)
  5. NO!!!!! (no explanation needed here)
  6. lellow (yellow) 
Elise throwing a tantrum because she wanted another chocolate. In her defense, it was right before naptime and she was tired.

4 comments:

  1. Very sweet! And I love the temper tantrum picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was laughing so much at Elise saying that she is thankful for "NO!!!!" - that's great! I also really like this thankful chain idea and think I am going to steal it for my family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she hilarious? In all honesty I think she is thankful for the power to say no! I love doing it, it keeps us thinking of what we are thankful for through the Christmas season as well and it is fun to read what we wrote.

      Delete