Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Carter Is Thankful

As a part of our Thanksgiving learning theme Carter and I each wrote down something we were thankful for every morning. Some mornings we forgot and we'd make up for it with 2 the next day. It was so cute to hear Carter list what he was thankful for. So I decided I wanted to document what he said each day to remember as he gets older. He would tell me what he was thankful for as he "wrote" on his strip. I then added words to explain what he had written. I think it will be fun to see how his list evolves as he gets older, understands what it means to be thankful a bit more, and his priorities change. We attached his thankful chain to a Christmas bell with a cute poem on it. Each day in December we will pull one off and read something we are thankful for as we count down to Christmas.
Ripping off his first thankful chain as a countdown to Christmas.

Carter's Thankful List for 2015
1. Mommy, daddy, Harper, mommy, daddy
2. Harper
3. Elephants and kitties
4. A camel
5. All the dogs in town
6. Mommy, daddy, mommy, daddy, Fezzie
7. Elephants
8. Chalk
9. Whales
10. Sissy
11. Big Al to play with.
12. Pens and markers to write with.
13. I'm getting juice.
14. Here, for be here.
15. Harper, Fezzie, Oma and Opa's dogs, and camels
16. Ducks, kitties, lions, and ducks

No comments:

Post a Comment