Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Week 22 Bumpdate

Don't let the photos fool you, we took the pictures in the evening again.  I forgot all about taking pictures until I was pulling Carter out of the tub so he got to pose in his jammies.  I asked Ty to take over with lotion and jammies so I could get dressed in my bumpdate outfit and get the chalkboard ready.  When I walked into Carter's room he saw my outfit and starting saying "cheeeeese" and smiling really cute.  He recognized the outfit and knew what we were going to do!  When Ty put him down he took off running for our room and posed up against the wall.  He was a real ham for the pictures this week and it was adorable!  When we were finished with the pictures with Carter in them he took off running only to turn around and run straight back into the picture.  He accidentally slammed into the wall and I almost wet my pants.  We ended up not getting any pictures just me and Elise, but the ones with Carter are always the best anyway.  I'm putting the outtakes of our shoot at the end.
 

December 2, 2014

Baby's Size: Baby is the size of a papaya, about 11 inches head to heel.  Tooth buds are forming in the gums.

Weight Gain: I almost had a heart attack when I stepped on the scales and it said I've gained 10 pounds.  My appetite really took off this week and I was constantly hungry, but 3 pounds in one week?!!!?  I know my weight tends to fluctuate so I'm hoping I didn't really gain that much in one week.  We'll see what next week brings.  I'm just telling myself Elise went through a growth spurt this week.  Because although I enjoyed Thanksgiving I honestly didn't go overboard!

Maternity Clothes: Pants are a definite yes, shirts are a mixture still.

Sleep: This week I had a couple nights where I slept all the way until 5:30 or 6 before needing to get up for a restroom break!  Carter slept in until 9:40 am on Saturday morning and 8:30 am on Sunday morning so I slept in on both of those days and it was glorious!  Not exactly sure what I have to thank for the extra sleep other than busy days and a later bedtime than usual.

Symptoms: One evening after doing my planks once I got off the floor I got really light headed and struggled to breathe.  It felt like a very mild asthma attack and I had to sit for about 5 minutes before my breathing went back to normal.  It was a little bit scary, but thankfully hasn't happened again.  I have been struggling to breathe more than usual this week.  I think it's partially due to my belly being shaped a little differently this time than it was with Carter.  With Carter my belly was flat on top and then jutted out right around my belly button.  This time my belly is more rounded starting all the way up underneath my boobs.  I've also had some cramping and soreness in my hips this week.  I haven't had any Braxton Hicks contractions yet and with Carter I'd been having them for weeks by this point.  I'd read that you start having them earlier in subsequent pregnancies because your body has more toning up to do for labor and delivery since your muscles are more stretched out.  I'm hoping that since I haven't started having Braxton Hicks yet that means Elise is going to cook longer than Carter did! 

Running: My weekly mileage was 14 miles.  Running has felt really good this week.  My stride feels strong and smooth.  I had a few days where my stomach and pelvis felt really tight like things need to stretch more than they have to make room for everything.  I ran a Turkey Day 5k on Thanksgiving in 24:10 which is a new 2nd trimester PR!  Today while Jake was here I decided to take the double stroller out for our first run.  It was definitely harder to push uphill than the single, especially considering that Jake and Carter both weigh right around 30 pounds!  Since we ran from the house we went up some sizable hills one of which I contemplated walking up!  Overall I was impressed with how well it handled, turned, and fit on the sidewalk.  I was still able to run just pushing with one hand and on the flat sections my pace was the same as it is with the single stroller.  On the hills my pace was WAY slower!  I've always said running with the stroller was easier than running pregnant and hoped that running with the double stroller would be easier than running with the stroller pregnant.  But the darn thing just seemed huge and burdensome and daunting.  Now I know it's not!

Food Cravings: I really wanted the baja sauce they put on chalupas at Taco Bell one day, but never got one and haven't been dying for it.  I really enjoyed all the Thanksgiving foods and desserts that came along with it!

Food Aversions: Still barbeque and smoked meat, yuck!

Movement: On Sunday I felt Miss Elise nonstop for about 10 minutes.  It made me wonder if she possibly had hiccups.  I swear Carter never had hiccups or at least I never felt them.  It was the cutest thing and I loved feeling her for such a long amount of time!

Best Moment of the Week: There were so many great moments this week!  Carter ran in his first fun run on Thanksgiving which was adorable to watch.  Then we enjoyed a delicious Thanksgiving dinner!  On Friday we went to Silver Dollar City and Carter enjoyed the rides, lights, parade, and playing.  Sunday evening we drove around looking at Christmas lights which always makes me feel so cheerful and that's when I felt Miss Elise possibly hiccuping! 

Currently Loving: The boost of energy I got this week which I think came in part from catching up on some sleep.  I've been thinking about labor and delivery and just getting really excited in general for Elise to arrive.  I know we still have a ways to go, but it gets more and more real as my belly grows!     

Miss Anything: Nope

What Big Brother is Up to This Week: Carter had such a blast this week with all of our Thanksgiving themed activities.  We went to a storytime where they had balloons all over the floor along with paddles made of duct tape.  He had so much fun running around and whacking the balloons.  There was a baby there and he kept going over, bending down to look at him, and saying "hi".  It was the sweetest.  Mister man had a blast at Silver Dollar City and looking at Christmas lights.  I think mostly he was on cloud 9 having his daddy home and his Oma, Opa, Uncie Jeremy, and Uncie Tommy visiting.  On Wednesday afternoon Ty got off early and laid down for a nap while Carter was still sleeping.  When Carter woke up he saw me dressed in running clothes and kept saying "Meet Daddy!" so I explained to him that we weren't going to meet daddy, daddy was already home.  I finally had to take him in to see Ty sleeping on the bed.  He said, "Daddy ni ni, shhhh" with his finger to his mouth.  Then he looked at Skippy who was laying on the bed with Ty and yelled, "Kitty!" and then whispered, "shhhh".  Harper was also on the bed and he did the same to her.  It was hysterical and somehow Ty slept through it!  My Week 22 Bumpdate with Carter.
Slamming into the wall after running back in to get in more pictures.
Successfully not wetting my pants after his ridiculousness!

I wanna hold your hand!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this, and laughed about Carter running in for the pictures. But, no problem with keeping my pants dry. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hilarious! Then afterward he ran out of the room, got his foot caught in the string on Ty's running bag and fell headfirst into his toy car. He just got up, said "okay" and ran away!

      Delete