Thursday, December 25, 2014

My Best Friend Is Having a Baby, Too!!!!

I've been wanting to share this news with you guys for a long time, but I was waiting for my friend to share the news publicly first.  Now that I'm finally able to write this post I'm sure it will sit as a draft for quite some time before I get the chance to publish it.  With Mondays devoted to Weekly Learning Themes, Tuesdays devoted to Bumpdates, and Wordless Wednesday that only leaves Thursday and Friday for other posts because it's so nice to take the weekends off from blogging and enjoy my time with Ty and visitors during Carter's nap.

My best friend from high school, Erin, has a 3 year-old-son, Hayden.  Hayden is a year and 2 months older than Carter and they are the best of friends.  Carter adores Hayden, calling him "Haydee" and Hayden is very sweet and loving with Carter.  Just look at the adorable picture of them holding hands.  It will melt your heart.  I know it does mine each time I see it!  My only wish is that we lived closer to each other.  We are 2 hours apart which really is not bad and we typically see each other about once a month, I just wish we could get the boys together more often!  Erin was such an awesome resource when I was pregnant.  She had been through it recently enough she remembered a lot and was able to answer my questions.  As a working mom I called her on various occasions crying and hoping for reassurance that working would get easier.  She even loaned me all of her maternity clothes so I ended up only buying a couple of things the whole time I was pregnant with Carter, mostly just for fun.

Now that the background is set, on to the exciting part.  After our miscarriage I was hesitant to share the news we were pregnant again.  Not necessarily because I didn't want to have to bear bad news if things didn't work out, more so because I didn't feel ready.  I waited until after our first doctor's appointment at 8 weeks to call Erin.  I called her on the way home from the appointment and she was at the store.  We talked for a little bit and then she asked if she could call back later to talk more when she wasn't distracted by shopping.  When she called me back she said she'd been at the store buying pregnancy tests.  She took a test that night and it said pregnant!  I was so excited!  I knew they had started trying to get pregnant again around the time we miscarried so I had been hoping when I called to tell her I was pregnant she'd say, "Me too!"  The craziest part of it all is that we are exactly one month apart in our pregnancies.  I am due April 7th and she is due May 7th!  It makes it really easy to remember how many weeks pregnant she is!  Erin and Hayden came to our gender reveal and found out along with us that we are having a girl.  I knew she was also hoping to have a girl and deep down I really felt like they were.  Her appointment was a long wait from our gender reveal and the ultrasound revealed that she is also having a girl!  How perfect is that?  Carter and Hayden are only a year apart and are such good friends.  Now our sweet girls will be a month apart and will undoubtedly be inseparable!

When we first found out we were both pregnant we started taking "bumpdate" pictures together anytime we visited each other.  It's going to be so much fun to track our pregnancies together!  The only bad part is that she is naturally much thinner than I am and makes for a cuter pregnant momma than me.  Add on the fact that I'll always be a month ahead of her and I'm going to look so big in all the pictures!  But who really cares, right?!!?  I love that we'll have the pictures to show our girls one day.  Then they'll know they were friends before they were born!
Erin 4 weeks, Me 8 weeks (The weekend after she found out she was pregnant!)
Me 11 weeks, Erin 7 weeks (Before our 10 year high school reunion)
Posing with our boys.
Me 16 weeks, Erin 12 weeks (At Ty and my gender reveal)

Me 18 weeks, Erin 14 weeks.
Me 24 weeks, Erin 20 weeks (at Carter's 2nd birthday party).
I'm excited to finally be posting this about a month after I initially wrote it.  I hope you all are having a very merry Christmas!  We sure are!

Edit: More Pregnant Pictures of us together!
Erin 30 weeks, Me 34 weeks (at Erin's sprinkle).
Erin 31 weeks, Me 35 weeks (at my sprinkle).

No comments:

Post a Comment