Sunday, April 27, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

This weekend we headed to my parents' house to run the Get Busy Livin 5k on Saturday morning.  Read more on why the race is so special to us here.  Thomas spent the night with us Thursday night for an interview in a town about 15 minutes from our house he had on Friday morning.  He and Jeremy went to lunch after his interview and then headed out shortly after.  Ty, Carter, Harper, and I left after work.  As we were leaving Ty checked the mail and saw a package addressed to me.  He tossed it across the seat to me and told me I could open it on our drive.  I was so excited to open it and discover a CD, t-shirt, and autographed Mother's Day card from my favorite musician, Ben Harper!  Ty had ordered it for me as a Mother's Day gift and hadn't realized what it was.  I was extremely excited and pumped up.  Then I called Thomas to get more details on his interview only to find out they had already called him to offer him the job!  Talk about an amazing start to our weekend!  Carter did a great job in the car and even "read" a book out loud making animals noises as he turned the page.
Autographs of Ben Harper and Ellen Harper, his mom, on my Mother's Day card.


Saturday morning Carter woke up early and came to bed with us.  Once in bed with us he slept until 7:40!  Then we all got up for the race.  More on that to come later.  The official results haven't been posted yet.  We had a relaxing day playing around the house.  Mom, dad, and Ty went to garage sales during Carter's nap and came home with some toys for him.  It warmed up into the 80's so we pulled out the baby pool and filled it with water from the hose mixed with warm water from inside.  We all sat around and watched Carter play.  A good friend and co-worker from my first job stopped by to see us and catch up.  It was so good to see her and I couldn't believe it had been a whole year since the last time we had seen each other.  She was very impressed with what a sweet, snuggly boy Carter is!  We ended the evening grilling out and playing yard games.
Playing with a tee grammy and grampy got at a yard sale.
 



Ready to try out his new swim gear from his great grandparents.
 

Carter can't say he doesn't get tons of attention!
 



My snuggle bug wanted hugs.
 

This morning Ty got up with Carter and I slept in.  I had started feeling yucky Saturday night and woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck.  My head was foggy, my body ached, and I was exhausted.  I felt like I'd run a half-marathon, not a 5k, the day before.  Mom, dad, and I took Carter on a walk and stopped off at the park to play.  Unfortunately none of us had grabbed our cameras or our phones, so we didn't get any pictures.  Carter loved climbing up the stairs to the slide and laughed when he rode down the big tornado slide.  The walk didn't help with my soreness like I'd hoped, so I went on a short run while Carter took his nap.  My run helped a bit with the stiffness, but I was still exhausted and sore so we had a lazy afternoon.  When Carter woke up from his nap he laid between me and Thomas on the air mattress, playing and climbing over us.  We had dinner and then headed for home.  Jeremy rode home with us and his cats were in the back in their carriers.  One of his cats escaped his carrier much to Carter's surprise and excitement.  He was all over the car and at one point even ended up on Ty's lap.  We had a great weekend filled with family and fun.  With how I've felt today, I already need another weekend and tomorrow is Monday, ick!
Pointing and laughing at Agent Smith out of his carrier.


6 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you'd had time to a blog post last night so I missed this. I was looking for today's. Great shot of Carter pointing at Agent Smith! In the last picture he looks disappointed the cat is gone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! Is Carter playing with Tupperware, OUTSIDE!?! What a nice Grammy! One day I came home to find Paul and a friend running around the back yard trying to catch bees in my Tupperware!! Noooooo! Not my Tupperware! - Grandma Cox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Tupperware is precious! She's had those pieces for as long as I can remember.

      Delete