Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I Love...

Whole Foods.  Since starting Carter on solid foods we have moved to using mostly organic produce.  We have been to many different grocery stores with organic produce, but Whole Foods is still my favorite.  They have such a large selection of fresh produce as well as frozen fruits and vegetables.  On one of our last trips to shop there I found another reason to love them.  They have a special kids section at the front of their store where they keep stickers and snacks.  When you bring your children with you to shop your child gets to choose something from this area.  I was so excited when our cashier told us about the area and we went right over to check it out.  They had stickers, bubbles, bananas, oranges, and fruit roll ups that were made entirely of organic fruit and organic juices.  I picked up one of the fruit roll ups for Carter and he loved it.  By the time we got to the car it was already over half way gone!  Then today I was checking out and our bagger saw some gelato I had grabbed because it was on sale and I was being bad and shopping while hungry.  He told me if I liked it I should try this other kind.  I told him I'd actually never tried the gelato before.  He excitedly said, "Well, then we're getting it.  It's on the house!"  I couldn't believe it.  I had never gotten anything for free at the grocery store and here I was with a free carton of gelato and a free box of raisins Carter was chowing down on.  Pretty sure I'm still pumped up from the experience.
Chowing down on his fruit roll up.

That I only have 5 and half more weeks until I'm a full-time stay at home mom!  It's ridiculous how much I'm looking forward to it.  I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!  I've already started bringing home my seasonal books and some other things I'm not currently using in my classroom.  I wish I could slowly pack everything up and bring it home, but there's just so much stuff we'll be using all the way up until the last day of school.  As I've been going through things and bringing some of it home, I'm getting really excited about using some of the age appropriate things with Carter.  I love that I'll have so many resources to help him develop and grow.

Carter's interaction with friends at daycare.  His teacher told me Carter went and got a toy for one of the other kids and took it to him.  She said the kids love him and are always saying his name.  When I get there in the morning his best bud immediately starts saying his name and reaching her arms out to hug him.  Yesterday he hugged her back for the first time and I melted!  She follows him around all day long and the last couple days when I've picked Carter up they've been sitting in a chair together.

He was excited to go home.  She was crying because he was leaving.

Oranges.  I honestly don't think I'd eaten an orange in years.  I always have trouble peeling them and end up with all the white yucky stuff on them so I'd given up.  Then a couple of weeks ago we were grocery shopping and I randomly decided to get some for Carter and me (Ty wasn't interested, he says they're too messy).  I ate one and couldn't believe how delicious it was!  Since then I've been obsessed, eating one every day.  I'd eat more than one a day, but I know that's getting a bit ridiculous.  It's to the point where I want to travel with oranges so I don't have to go without.  That's serious.  We got oranges at Whole Foods and they are the best thing I've ever tasted.  I eat one for a snack during my plan time every day at school and when I'm finished my paper towel is soaked with juice.  They are amazing.  You know you want to go buy oranges now...

Shorts weather.  Carter looks cute all the time, but put him in some shorts and I giggle at the cuteness.  My favorite are the rompers because the shorts are shorter and show off the little bit of leg chubbiness he still has.  He has gotten into this odd habit where he grabs onto the bottom of his shorts and lifts them up showing off those cute thighs and sometimes even flashing a bit of diaper.  I can't get over the cuteness.  I also love how he crouches down to look at things.  It amazes me how long he can stay like that!


How good Harper has gotten with Carter.  She has gotten so much more tolerant lately.  She lets him climb on her, hug her, take her toys from her only to hand them back and expect her to take them again, feed her from her food bowl one kernel of food at a time (this we put an end to quickly, but she does it), pull her tail, grab handfuls of fur, chase her non-stop, poke her in the eye, and the list goes on.  She used to get so grumpy with him and would take off right away when he was near.  She now sticks around and waits to see what he's going to do before high tailing it into another room.  I'm sure some of her tolerance comes from the fact that he now feeds her scraps from the table.  That was the glue in an ever blossoming friendship.

Bedtime cuddles.  Carter still loves to be rocked before bedtime and I still love to do it, so we do it every night.  Some nights he wants rocked more than others.  There's nothing better than the feeling of a sweet little head on your chest.  Especially when you've had to spend all day away from that sweet little head.  I know he won't want to do this for much longer so while he's still wanting it, I'm all in.

Blowing kisses.  Carter has really gotten blowing kisses down and is quite liberal with them.  If you say bye bye he'll wave and start blowing kisses, it's ridiculously cute.  Now when I drop him off at daycare he blows me kisses as I leave.  It's the best send off I could receive.  Ty is gone on a work trip for a few days.  We facetimed with him tonight and Carter started laughing and blowing kisses the moment he saw his daddy's face.  He laughed the entire time and blew so many kisses when Ty said good bye.  I loved that he got so excited to see his daddy!

Sweet Ty.  While he's gone and I'm missing him I appreciate the things he does even more than usual.  He just left this morning, but I already miss him.  I love that he enjoys cooking and makes dinner almost every night, even though I know how much it stinks to come home from work and actually have to do stuff.  I love that he always stops what he's doing to give me a hug no matter what.  I love that he's always checking, double checking, and triple checking to make sure the doors are locked and we're safe.  No one ever comes to our door and I'm alone for one night so of course someone knocks at our door while I'm bathing Carter.  I got so creeped out and obviously didn't answer.  Made me wish my protector was around to check it out!
My cuties!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of him with his little friend. She's going to miss him when he doesn't go anymore.

    ReplyDelete