Tuesday, April 1, 2014

15 Month Appointment

This morning Carter had his 15 month well check appointment.  I've had to take off or get coverage for quite a few days due to Carter's ear tube surgery and illnesses so Ty offered to take him.  Of course I hated not being there, but I appreciated not having to find coverage again.  Plus I'd been scheduled for a meeting before school.  To make sure everything was covered I e-mailed Ty a list of questions for the doctor.  I left the house at the same time I do every morning and arrived at school 30 minutes earlier than usual.  It was really hard for me not to drop Carter off at daycare.  I asked Ty to take a picture when he dropped Carter off and text it to me which he very sweetly did.  He sent the text out in a group message to me and my parents.  Of course I asked Ty a bunch of questions about how the drop off went, if Carter's little friend bum rushed him like usual, if Carter made it in time for snack, if he noticed what was on the menu for lunch (I didn't have an April menu yet), and I'm sure many others.  My mom commented back that she got a kick out of all my questions.  Ty was able to answer most of them.
Ready to head to the doctor's office.
 

I was a bit worried about some bumps on Carter's knees.  The doctor said it could be a little bit of eczema or something like it, but it was nothing to worry about.  He was pleased with Carter's development and language acquisition.  Carter got a couple of shots and of course was measured.  Ty said he was not interested in getting measured and screamed and squirmed the whole time.  Ty felt like the measurement may not have been accurate due to Carter fighting it, but he was measured at 32.8 inches which put him at the 93rd percentile in height.  He weighed in at 22.9 pounds which puts him in the 30th percentile.  His head continues to move up in percentile as his circumference was 19.3 inches pushing him up into the 94th percentile, up from the 89th percentile at 12 months.  All I can say is I'm sooo glad his head circumference started in the 27th percentile and has steadily moved up at each well check!
Dropped off at daycare.
A few people have told me part of the reason why I have a hard time with Carter at daycare is because I'm the one who drops him off in the morning.  I never really believed it because I love seeing what Carter's favorite daycare toys are.  I also love watching him interact with the other kids at daycare.  This morning when Ty dropped Carter off it was nice to have a bit more time at work before school started, but I felt sad.  I hated not getting that last kiss, watching him play through the other side of the window, and snapping pictures to look at throughout the day.  I will take dropping him off in the morning any day!

2 comments:

  1. Look at his little arm fly in that last picture. And his friend looks so disappointed he's not on the ground where she can get to him. The pictures with Ty are quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was. Ty said the teacher came over and told Carter he didn't have to hug her if he didn't want to and then picked her up. I'm sure she was not pleased!

    ReplyDelete