Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sad to See Grammy Go

Carter enjoyed another day at home with his grammy today.  Thanks to grammy I was able to sleep in.  Carter woke up at 5:20 so Ty brought him to bed.  We then slept until 6:45 when Carter decided to sit up in bed.  Since I didn't have to drop Carter off at daycare I was able to leave the house 30 minutes later than usual so I had extra play time with him in the morning.  He looked so adorable in his new overalls and he even read me a book.


Sweet baby napping.
Cutest position ever!

Grammy took Carter to the zoo after lunch.  It sounded like they had a blast.  Carter rode the carousel for the first time and in the picture looked a bit frightened.  There was a mishap with a water bottle and Carter ended up fairly soaked with water and there was a puddle of water in his stroller.  It looked as though Carter's favorite animals on this trip were the meerkats.  It's interesting to see, and in this case hear, how Carter's preferences change with each trip.
New sunglasses grammy bought at the zoo gift shop.
Looking a bit unsure about the carousel.
Soaking wet baby!
Watching the meerkats!

After 3 days of sleeping in, leaving for work late, receiving pictures of Carter throughout the day, and knowing Carter was getting one-on-one attention, it was sad to see grammy leave this evening.  I sure will miss hearing the ding of my phone and being greeted with a picture of Carter upon checking my phone.  I'm sure Carter will also be disappointed.  At one point this evening my mom went out to the car and Carter cried by the door until she returned. 
More pictures grammy sent me during the day.
 

4 comments:

  1. He was a lot of fun. I missed him today. I love the picture of him looking at you as he read. And seeing his soaked overalls made me laugh again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep picturing him cheezin back at us as his pants were falling down. That was hysterical!

      Delete
  2. Now you know how we feel every day, sometimes twice a day when our phones ding with a new picture of Carter. It is the highlight of our day for sure!! So appreciate you sending them.

    Grandma and Grandpa Cox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Each time I heard my phone ding I got so excited. It really was the best!

      Delete