Friday, April 18, 2014

Carter and His Daddy

I have loved watching Carter and Ty's relationship evolve over the past 16 months.  Carter sure loves his daddy and they play together so much more than they did before.  No longer a strict momma's boy, Carter perks up anytime his daddy is around.  When Ty leaves in the morning Carter runs to the door, waving, saying bye, and sometimes crying.  One day last week Ty was taking the recycling out to the bin before leaving.  Carter was at the door, fussing, and reaching for the door knob.  I decided to let him go out to watch daddy put the recycling out and say bye again.  It made Carter's morning to sneak up on his daddy.






Carter associates the chime our door makes when opened with his daddy.  When he hears the chime, he excitedly chants, "daddy, daddy, daddy" over and over.  One day Jeremy came over while Ty was in the garage so Ty let him in and stayed in the garage.  When Carter heard the chime he began his chant of daddy, but no daddy came in.  It was so cute that he was so sure his daddy must have entered.

One of my favorite views is seeing my boys together.  The best is when they are sweetly looking at each other and I can see the love they have for each other.  It is also so much fun to see them play together.  Ty definitely plays with Carter a lot differently than I do.  Hearing Ty read to Carter is precious because he typically adds his own commentary to the text.  I have so enjoyed seeing Ty as the amazing father I knew he would be.  I know his relationship with Carter will continue to grow as they are able to do more together.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute post. I love the last picture, especially. And you're right. I'll never forget Ty reading the book to us about the elephant that wanted to look like all the others and then jumped out and surprised them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that last picture amazing! I could look at it all day. I remember that. Ty is a character!

      Delete