Monday, April 14, 2014

Spring and Almost Summer

This weekend while Gigi and Papa visited we had really warm weather.  Both Saturday and Sunday the high reached into the 80's.  I was stoked to pull out the water table we picked up at a garage sale a few weekends ago.  I washed it up and brought some toys out for him to play with at the table.  He had a blast and ended up completely soaked.  I was cracking up because he kept hiking one leg up attempting to climb into the water.  He never made it on top of the table, thank goodness!




Gigi snapped a picture of us playing.  It was a nice treat to find on my camera since there aren't many pictures of me with Carter.

Sunday after Gigi and Papa left and daddy went on a run we headed outside with some sidewalk chalk.  We'd tried sidewalk chalk before, but Carter wasn't interested in doing much other than slapping the pieces of chalk together.  Sunday he drew his first picture with sidewalk chalk and I was a super proud momma.  He picked out green and a turqouise-ish color and carried them around the entire time we were outside.  He would stop, squat, and color while on the concrete.  At one point he got on his tractor and put the 2 pieces of chalk in the steering wheel.

Harper rolled in cat poop while we were playing outside so I decided to give her a bath with a hose.  No way was I letting her in the house without one and I wasn't sure how long it would be until Ty got home.  At first Carter thought it was hilarious and stood laughing at Harper the whole time.  Then a soaking wet Harper (who I had on a leash, so Carter was just too close) ran over to him and rubbed on his back in an attempt to get dry.  After that he didn't think it was funny and wanted me to hold him.  So I held him most of the time which made the task even more difficult.  Luckily I got Harper decently clean.  Not as clean as I would have liked, but at least she wasn't streaked in poop.  After all that work I decided to put Carter in the stroller and take Harper on a walk rather than drying her off.  Ty drove by as we were walking so we headed back home and met him to walk some more together.

We also pulled out Easter decorations this weekend, a little late, but better late than never!  Carter had a lot of fun playing with the eggs and could even open them on his own.  I showed him to press in on the middle and it would pop open.  He did even better after that.  For snack time I put his snack inside Easter eggs and he really enjoyed opening the eggs to see what snack was inside.  At one point he opened an egg and didn't want what was inside so he just picked up a different egg and tried it.






We are loving the warm weather and all the great outdoor activities it's providing.  I love spring and of course summer, but I'm definitely not ready for the 100+ degree weather that is awaiting us.  Running in the 80 degree heat has seemed so hot to me lately!  I'm down to the last 7 weeks until summer which means my days as a working momma are numbered and I couldn't be happier!

6 comments:

  1. It's getting warm here, too and even though I try to run in the mornings, it's still hot! I am not looking forward to the summer heat! SEVEN WEEKS! Ah! You will LOVE staying at home (as you obviously know). I am so excited for you! We tried letting Liam play with Easter eggs. He broke every single on of them. I love Carter's ingenuity though when he didn't like the first snack so opened a new egg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a video of Carter shaking as he tried to rip one of the eggs apart and then eventually threw it down in frustration. It was hilarious! He did much better after I showed him the pushing in on the middle trick.

      Delete
  2. I love the picture where he opens the purple egg, you can see on his face how happy he is to see what it is. I'm glad to see the water table, I wondered what it would look when it was together. Cute picture of you watching him, thanks, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't that a treat. The only pictures I have of me with Carter are ones you've taken. Seeing her picture made me realize I need to encourage Ty to pick up the camera more often!

      Delete