Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Growing Pains

As Carter has outgrown clothes I've packed them away in storage totes.  Once I had packed away clothes ranging from newborn to 3-6 months it became apparent that we didn't have enough room in the garage for as many totes as we would go through.  We decided to pick up some vacuum storage bags so we could store the clothes in a closet or under a bed.

This weekend I went through the clothes and organized them into 3 large vacuum storage bags.  One of newborn clothes (including the car seat insert and bath tub insert), one filled with 0-3 month and 3 month clothes, and one with 3-6 month and 6 month clothes. 
That's how my boy's size compares to his old newborn clothes.  Where has the time gone?!!?
It broke my heart a little bit as I packed away some of my favorite outfits and jammies.  Each outfit had a favorite memory tied to it.  This was the outfit he was wearing when we went to our first doctor's appointment.  This is the outfit he was wearing when he rolled over for the first time.  This is the outfit he wore on his first trip to work with me. 

The hardest part was pulling out his newborn clothes and seeing how little they were.  As I looked at the newborn onesies I pictured the first time he had worn them.  How small he was.  How he felt in my arms the first time I held him.  I couldn't help it, the tears welled up in my eyes.


I guess I'm a bit of a masochist because I just had to put my favorite little newborn outfit up against him to see how much he's grown.  The end of the pant leg came to his knees.  I pictured his little tiny newborn self laying on top of his big, chunky 9 month self.  He has grown so much!  Sometimes I have a hard time letting go of that itty bitty baby who was too small for newborn-sized diapers, but then I look at that smile.  That precious smile with 2 little teeth sticking out of his bottom gum.  And this age?  This is the one I want to hold onto.  That is until the next one.  Because it's just so much fun.  There's just so much to love.  So the growing pains, those are all momma!
Just because he's so cute!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment