Sunday, September 22, 2013

First Day of Fall

Although I was sad to see summer go because it meant the end of Carter-filled days, I wasn't sad that we would soon be saying goodbye to 90+ degree days!  Fall is ushering itself in with style here in Oklahoma.  The high today was in the low 80's and I took Carter for a run in the middle of the day.  The warmest it's supposed to get all week is 88 which means I can go back to running with Carter right after I pick him up.  He normally takes a short little nap while I run and that keeps me from having to either wake up at 5:00 am to run or wait to run until after he goes to bed.  It's a much better set-up for us, so hooray!
Napping at the end of our run today.

I was itching to get outside today due to the beautiful weather and I was finally able to talk Ty into hanging Carter's swing.  We found it at a garage sale when we were pregnant and couldn't pass it up for just $5!  Carter initially wasn't sure of it, but smiled and laughed once I started cheering for him.  He kicked his legs and went wild.  The best part was watching the hair on the side of his head blow in the wind.

Now I'm looking forward to a trip to the pumpkin patch, carving pumpkins, and eating some more Halloween Oreos.  I'm contemplating letting Carter decorate his own pumpkin with paint.  I'm picturing it set up outside with Carter dipping his hands in paint and splattering it all over the pumpkin and probably all over lots of other stuff too.  Maybe I'm crazy, maybe Ty will nix that idea, maybe I'll do it in secret before he gets home...  We will see!

If you watch this video, I'd just like you to know ahead of time that I didn't know Ty was filming.  I thought he was taking pictures.  Otherwise I would've toned it down a bit.  I'm slightly embarrassed by all my talking, but Carter is still stinkin cute!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute video. I love his smile and his legs kicking. And I noticed Harper checking him out to make sure it was okay. Dad is showing off, he's going to play the swing video on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't notice Harper in the moment, but I did watching the video. She is so cute! Dad is ridiculous!!!!

      Delete