Thursday, September 5, 2013

Are You Ready to Ruuuumble?

Football season is upon us.  I have been dreading it for quite a while.  Ty has multiple fantasy football teams and wants to watch every single game to see "his players".  Last year I played fantasy football in a league with him and I was hooked.  It was fun to watch the games when I had players to root for.  The friends from our league last year all dropped out and left me leagueless.  How was I going to make it through football season without a fantasy team?  Blah.

Luckily my parents and brother, Thomas, came to the rescue.  They agreed to be in a family league.  There were only 5 of us: my mom, my dad, Thomas, Ty, and me.  We needed a 6th player so created an account for my parents' dog, Fezzik, and set it to autodraft.  I just hope I don't lose to a dog!  We drafted Sunday night and I was cracking up at my parents.  When we finished my mom had the best quote, "I only know one guy on my team".  Thank goodness for the rankings available with online drafts, unfortunately it helped her nab some of my favorite players.  Now I'm actually looking forward to football season.

Kicking off the season tonight will be good ole Peyton Manning.  You gotta love that guy.  I grew up a Rams fan and Ty is a Packers fan, so naturally I always root for the Packers as well (it's nice to also have a winning team to root for).  After that my 3rd favorite team is whoever Peyton plays for.  His commercials and SNL skits are hysterical.  If you've never seen his SNL skit, check it out here.

So are you ready to ruuuumble or are you ready for fooootball?
Carter's ready, Go Packers!

No comments:

Post a Comment