Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Perfect Rainy Day

Today was one of those perfect days where all day long I felt so lucky to be me, to be married to Ty, to be Carter's mom, to spend all day on the weekend with my loves (Harper included).  Carter slept through the night again Wednesday and Thursday which makes a HUGE difference in how I feel.  I wake up refreshed and spend all day feeling like I'm hopped up on coffee.  Not just like I drank a cup of coffee, but like I went to IHOP and drank an entire hoddle of coffee.  I still crash at night, but man do I have extra energy during the day! 

This morning was the first morning I can think of that I slept until I woke up on my own without a wake up call from either my phone or our little man.  Carter woke up once last night around 4 am and then slept in until 9 am.  I'm considering that the latest he's ever slept.  I couldn't believe it!  I got up at 8:30, pumped, and did some cleaning around the house.

When Carter woke up I dressed him in a onesie that was Ty's when he was a baby.  My heart swelled looking at him and seeing how cute he was.  Then I pictured Ty in the outfit as a baby and couldn't help but giggle from the cuteness of it all.  You know when your heart is so full of joy and the only way to release it is to let out happy little giggles.


As Carter was eating breakfast it started raining really hard.  We went into the living room and watched the rain through the window.  Carter was so adorable and absolutely loved it.  The window is perfect for a baby his size to place their hands on the window and peer out.  We have my parents to thank for that wonderful Christmas present!


The rest of the afternoon was spent playing and rolling around on the floor with Harper.  She is still so obsessed with Carter.  I fed Carter kiwi for lunch and figured out his little trick.  If I'm sitting right next to him he fusses and won't feed himself.  If I walk off, he instantly starts feeding himself no problem.  I watched him eat lunch while I made some pureed squash.  Then I put him in his Bumbo while I finished making the puree.  I think we have a future beasticle on our hands with Carter.  Anytime I use the play tray on the Bumbo he rips the tray off and plays with it instead of his toys.  Anyone else's baby do this?  Cracks me up every time!

Carter had a clothing change after half the kiwi ended up smashed in his lap.
When Carter went down for his afternoon nap I took off for a run with Harper.  The temperature was just below 70 degrees and Harper had a blast.  The perfect ending to a great day was a family trip out for dinner and shopping.  Our insurance check came today and we replaced our camera.  I'm so excited to finally get Carter's 9 month pictures done.  They will be 2 weeks late, but better late than never right?!  Now for the cherry on top, watching "Parks and Rec" while snuggling with Ty on the couch.  There just aren't enough days like today!

2 comments:

  1. I remember that onesie!!! And the lovable Ty that wore it!! Seeing Carter in it tugs, tugs, tugs at my heart!! Two identical peas in a pod!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine, it tears me up with just seeing pictures of Ty in it!

      Delete