Thursday, May 2, 2013

What a Day!



Ty has been gone on a work trip since Tuesday morning.  He returns tomorrow evening and we can’t wait to have him back!  It’s just not the same without him.  Somehow the house seems empty.  I guess without a beasticle lumbering around it is pretty quiet too.  Skippy is super needy toward me which annoys the bejesus out of me.  He’s a huge daddy’s boy and lays all over me and meows a lot due to the deep depression he falls into during Ty’s absence.  Harper is more on edge and growls more.  It’s just different.
Seriously cat?  How am I supposed to get anything done?
I have never liked living alone.  I have always pretty much loathed it.  I went from living with my parents to living with 3 roommates all throughout college to living alone.  It was a difficult adjustment.  I didn’t just get lonely, I got scared and creeped out.  There were many nights I convinced myself someone was on my porch.  I would be awake until the wee hours of the morning periodically peering through my bedroom window to make sure there wasn’t anyone there.  

One night the power went out while I was in the shower.  I’ve never been a fan of showering when no one else is in the house, especially at night.  I immediately freaked out convinced someone had turned the power out and was coming in to get me.  I called for Harper and she wouldn’t come.  I was too scared to get out of the shower so I started calling for Skippy.  It didn’t matter who came, I just needed some moral support!  I finally worked up the courage to get out of the shower and shrieked when I stepped on something before realizing it was Skippy.  He had answered my calls, what a good boy!  In Harper’s defense she is deathly afraid of baths and must have assumed I was going to give her one.

With all of that being said, you understand what a basket case I am when I am home alone during the night.  Daytime I’m fine, the sun starts to set, no bueno. 
This morning was an interesting morning.  I was getting dressed when I heard a loud crash accompanied by the scratching of Harper’s nails on the floor as she frantically ran on the hard wood.  I was just leaving my room to investigate when Harper came prancing down the hallway and proudly dropped a dead mouse onto the floor.  I tried to convince Harper to pick the mouse back up so I could send her outside to leave it out there.  She wasn’t interested.  I very calmly went to the garage, got one of Ty’s work gloves and a sack, and deposited the mouse into the sack and then into the trash.  I was very proud of myself.  Ty can share a similar dead mouse story with a very different outcome.  Really wishing Ty had been around moment #1.

Harper Lee, Mouse Killer
As I was backing out of the driveway to leave for work I started to look around for my phone.  I realized it was still on the trunk of the car where I set it to load Carter.  Luckily it hadn’t fallen off.  I swear my Otter Box is like Velcro, that thing is amazing!

I dropped Carter off at daycare without any incidents and arrived at work where I realized I had forgotten to give Carter his morning dose of medicine which led to me running home to pick it up during my plan time so I could give it to him at lunch.  As I was heading back to work I realized I had forgotten the dropper to give him the medicine with, so I ran back inside to grab it.

Right as I was getting ready to get into the shower this evening Harper started walking around the house growling.  I seriously think she purposely does stuff like that to get me worked up.  What the heck!  So I did what any rational human being would do, I showered with the shower curtain half-way open.  Not sure what good that would do, but it made me feel better to be able to see out.  Made me wish Ty was around so I could enjoy my shower like a normal person.

There has also been some random beeping noise going off since yesterday evening.  At first I thought it may be our smoke detector, but it wasn’t.  I still haven’t located it, but assume it must be a game in our game basket running out of batteries.  I need to go find it because it’s driving me nuts and part of me thinks it may be a bomb planted because obviously I would be the target of such an attack.

Last night I slept with the kitchen light on and Skippy at my feet.  I fell asleep really quickly and didn’t get too freaked out.  I’m hoping to repeat that tonight, wish me luck!  All said and done we will meet Ty at the door with smiling faces, wagging tails, and happy hearts tomorrow.  Our family just isn’t whole without him!

1 comment: