Thursday, August 3, 2023

12th Anniversary

Last year the kids went with my parents on vacation and were gone over our anniversary so we went on a little weekend getaway. This year they planned to leave on Monday and our anniversary was on a Sunday so I drove the kids up to them Saturday evening so we could have the day on Sunday just the two of us. I've been dealing with achilles tendonitis that caused bone spurs in my ankle/heel area. I had just found out on the 5th that I was going to need to cut back on my running significantly and mix in cross training. After I got back from dropping the kids off, Ty and I went shopping for a bike so I could get some cross training in outside. I had a gift certificate to Dick's from winning the Zoo Run 10k and their prices were similar to Wal-Mart so we went there. We went home to change and then headed out for a practice ride so I could try my bike out.

Our family anniversary picture.

Sunday was our anniversary. I really wanted to go on a ride together and then head out for brunch. Ty thought that sounded awesome so I got some recommendations from a friend who loves brunch. We went for a 15 mile bike ride and then showered and headed out for brunch at Neighborhood Jam. It was delicious. I got a mimosa and a chicken biscuit with their peach jalapeno jam which was amazing. Ty got an Irish coffee which was a bit much for him so I ended up polishing it off for him. As we were wrapping up brunch I asked Ty what he'd like to do and he said he'd like to go look at cats. We lost our sweet Skippy kitty a couple weeks before, he was 17 years old. We spent the next 4.5-5 hours driving to different humane societies, shelters, Petsmarts, and Petcos to look at cats. I put in some applications and looked at cats online. After we got home I saw a picture of a cat that looked like a kitten version of Skippy and was immediately in love. That cat is now our sweet, baby Otis. When we got home from all the cat searching, I put the hammock up and Ty laid in the hammock with me messing around on his phone while I read. It made for an incredible day! I didn't feel like putting my dress on and we didn't dance this year. So I'm adding a song to our list this year that we've been jamming out to and the kids and I have danced to a ton!

Ready for some yummy anniversary brunch!

My incredibly delicious food.

Meeting lots of kitties.

Hammock time in the evening.

Here's a list of the extra song we've danced to each year:

2011- Whatever It Is by Zac Brown Band (our first dance)
2012- Feet Don't Touch the Ground by Stoney LaRue
2013- Born to Love You by Ben Harper
2014- I Don't Dance by Lee Brice
2015- Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
2016- Die A Happy Man by Thomas Rhett
2017- Slow Hands by Niall Horan
2018- Perfect by Ed Sheeran
2019- Speechless by Dan Shay
2020- Watermelon Sugar by Harry Styles
2021- I don't remember and I didn't write a post, oops!
2022- Bam Bam Bam by Camila Cabello featuring Ed Sheeran
2023- Flowers by Miley Cyrus

No comments:

Post a Comment