Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Carter's Last Day of School

Carter's last day of school was moved up once he moved to distance learning and I was super thankful. I loved teaching him and we had fun with "homeschool" but we were all ready for a break to just play and have fun! Thursday they had a pick up at his school where we went by and picked up all his things from his desk and locker that his teacher had bagged up for us. He was delighted to get all of his things and to show Elise his treasure box. He also got his yearbook which he enjoyed looking at. Friday morning he had his last Zoom Meeting with class and his teacher did a countdown to 2nd grade at the end of the meeting. Carter was so excited yelling to Elise and telling her it was a countdown to 2nd grade for him and kindergarten for her. He and Elise were jumping up and down yelling, "Countdown to us being at the same school!" It was precious! Friday afternoon Carter's school had a drive through good bye parade so we could drive through and wave to his teachers. We were all really excited about it and I was surprised that once we started going through I was fighting tears for most of the parade. Once we saw his teacher, I struggled not to cry. Then I saw his art teacher crying and it was so hard to hold it in. Thankfully his librarian (who we helped by shelving books in the library every Friday) was very happy and that helped. Many of the cars had signs kids were holding out the window so Elise wanted to hold something and found a coloring book she had colored in and held it open out the window to a page she colored. It was pretty funny and a few teachers commented on her beautiful coloring! It was an emotional end to the school year for me and I'm normally the teacher who holds it together and makes all the kids excited instead of crying. I think a lot of that stems from the uncertainty of what things will look like for school to start back in the fall. Read about Carter's first day of 1st grade here and his last day of kindergarten here, his last day of preschool here, and his last day of 3 year old preschool here.


Carter's Last Day of School Interview

1st Grade

  • My School Is: Zarrow International School (He says Zarrow)
  • My Teachers Are: Senora Bair and Senorita Araya
  • My Class Is: 1st Grade
  • My Last Day of School Is: May 15, 2020
  • My Best Friends Are: Henry, Landon, Logan, and Gavin (Xander at church)
  • Height: 51 inches 
  • Shoe Size: 13/1  
  • Weight: 51.8 pounds  
  • My Favorite Thing to Learn About Was: Science
  • When I Grow Up I Want to Be: Worker that works at a place where people get pets. Where they buy pets and stuff (Pet Store Worker).
  • I'm Really Good At: Building things out of Legos.
  • I Want to Get Better At: Science
  • Next Year I Want to Learn: More about Science.  
  • My Favorite Part of 1st Grade Was: Learning about Science, it was fun to do experiments and playing outside.
  • My Favorite Thing About Myself Is: That I'm really good at Legos.

Carter saying good bye to his teachers during the parade.
Carter saying good bye to his teachers during the parade.
Screenshot from the Facebook Live video the principal took during the parade.

4 comments:

  1. Carter grew up a lot in that one year. He looks tired in this years pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think part of it is because I was standing during the first day pictures and sitting during the end of year pictures.

      Delete
  2. Very cute photos! I really liked Carter's binoculars, the dog down Elise's pants, and Elise running!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best part of Carter's binoculars was that he taped them to his face, haha!

      Delete