Monday, May 18, 2020

Elise's Last Day of School

Elise's last day of preschool technically should have been Thursday the 14th, but since Carter's last day was Friday, the 15th, it made more sense to continue with "distance learning" for both of them until Carter's last day. I wanted to make the last couple weeks of school special so I came up with different themed days for the last 10 days of school. Then I wrote the theme on a piece of paper, put it in a balloon, and blew the balloon up. Then Carter and Elise took turns popping the balloons to see what that day's theme was. It was a lot of fun. The last day of school was Lego Day and the kids were thrilled when I gave them each a new Lego set to celebrate the last day of school. I would have liked to do a little field day with activities and games outside but it stormed most of the day. Elise is very excited to be at the same school as Carter next year and I sure hope they get to go back to school in the fall. It will be interesting to see what our state superintendent decides to do come August. I am a bit nervous about the possibility of Elise being at home for distance learning in kindergarten since she's enrolled in an immersion program. The most important part of kindergarten for her is to be immersed in the Spanish language and to begin developing those language skills. Especially knowing how much Carter learned in kindergarten, I hate the thought of her missing out on that important phase of language acquisition. But we'll take this one step at a time and I'll try not to worry about that until we reach that point! For end of the year pictures both kids chose their own outfits without my input and Elise wanted to comb her own hair, so it's a mess. I fell like that reflects what life has been like during this distance learning fairly well! Read about Elise's first day of school here and her last day of 3 year old preschool here.



Elise's Last Day of School Interview

Preschool

  • My School Is: Jenks First Baptist Community Preschool
  • My Teachers Are: Ms. Kathleen (she says it Kafleen) and Ms. Jennifer
  • My Class Is: PreK2
  • My Last Day of School Is: May 15, 2020
  • My Best Friends Are: Beckett and Collins and Cable at school.
  • Height: 43.5 inches
  • Shoe Size: 11 or 12 depending on the shoe 
  • Weight: 41 pounds
  • My Favorite Thing to Learn About Was: Sunshine (I think she was referring to when we talked about the sun and shadows during a homeschool science lesson.)
  • When I Grow Up I Want to Be: A mom and a flower girl where you put water on the flowers (a gardener).
  • I'm Really Good At: Building Legos    
  • I Want to Get Better At: School   
  • Next Year I Want to Learn: Songs that I don't know.  
  • My Favorite Part of Preschool Was: Learning songs that I don't know.
  • My Favorite Thing About Myself Is: That I grew!


2 comments: