Friday, February 27, 2015

Race PRs

As a runner when I find another running blog or meet someone who runs I'm always curious about their times and I get excited when I find someone whose times are comparable to mine. I really enjoy pages on blogs where the writer lists out her fastest times. I was recently looking at one such post and felt inclined to write one of my own, listing out PRs overall as well as pregnant and after having children. I feel it will show my progress and change as a runner through huge life events as well as help me track my times. Some of my pre-pregnancy PRs I know I will never touch so it's nice to have post-baby PRs to focus on. Here are my fastest times pre-baby, pregnant, and post-baby listed out by distance.  There's something about the 10k distance.  For some reason I never run it.  I've run so many 5ks and half-marathons I couldn't even guess the number, but I've only ever run maybe five 10k races.  I had a hard time even finding race times for that distance, so I think the time listed is my PR.

5k
Pre-baby:
Pregnant 1st Trimester:
Pregnant 2nd Trimester:
Pregnant 3rd Trimester:
Post-baby:
2007 MSSU Stampede last quarter-mile.
Finishing the 2014 Get Busy Livin 5k.
Finishing the 2014 Jingle Bell 5k pregnant with Elise.
10k
Pre-baby:
42:something (I haven't run very many 10k's and unfortunately the only ones I've run were small and didn't have online results.  So I'm going off running notes I took years ago that don't have much detail.)
Post-baby:
49:52 (2013 Aquarium Run, my 4th race back after Carter was born and the only 10k I've run since)
Posing with Carter after the race.
Half-Marathon
Pre-baby:
1:31:35 (2007 Mighty Mo Half)
Pregnant 1st Trimester:
None Completed
Pregnant 2nd Trimester:
Pregnant 3rd Trimester:
Post-Baby:
1:36:51 (2013 Jenks Half)

Running the 2012 Route 66 Half Marathon pregnant with Carter.
Finishing the 2013 Jenks Half Marathon.
Finishing the 2014 Prairie Fire Half Marathon pregnant with Elise.
Marathon
Pre-baby:
3:40:05 (2008 Route 66 Marathon)
Running the 2008 Route 66 Marathon (my first and fastest marathon).
Other Favorite Races

Wedding Day 5k:
My mom came up with the idea of running a 5k the morning of our wedding.  We ran the race out at the trails where Ty proposed to me.  I ran the race with Ty and it was the most time we had alone during the entire day.  The race ended up being one of my favorite memories from the day.


Gorilla Dash:
This was my first obstacle course race.  Ty wanted to sign up for it after running a race that morning.  At first I thought he was crazy, but he talked me into it along with my mom and dad.  We all ran together as a 4 person team and it was a blast!
 
Tough Mudder
Another race Ty wanted to do that I thought he was crazy for doing!  This one was an 11 mile obstacle course race.  Jeremy and Thomas also ran it and it was a blast running all together!  The most memorable moment for me was making it across the monkey bars!


No comments:

Post a Comment