Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Week 32 Bumpdate

I had been anxiously awaiting our 32 week appointment to find out if Elise had moved to head down or butt down because I knew for sure she was up and down and not sideways.  Yesterday during Carter's nap I got a call from the doctor's office to reschedule our appointment.  I was bummed but glad that they were able to fit me in the next day rather than waiting longer.  Our doctor immediately put the ultrasound wand down low on my pelvis and my heart skipped a beat when it revealed little miss' head!!!!  She is now head down, what a good girl!  He said she's head down with her nose facing toward my right hip.  Her heart beat was around 130 bpm.  Everything looked good and our doctor was pleased.  I got my whooping cough shot and forgot to take the band aid off, so that's in the picture!

 

February 10, 2015

Baby's Size: Baby should weigh in around 3.75 pounds and be about 16.7 inches long.  She measured in at 4 pounds, 4 ounces which put her in the 79th percentile.  Her head circumference was in the 70th percentile.  For comparison Carter was 4 pounds, 7 ounces at 33 weeks which put him in the 38th percentile.  Our doctor said we're looking at an 8 pound baby if we make it all the way to 40 weeks.  Then he went on to ask Carter's size at birth and said for my sake he hopes Elise is born at 37 weeks, 1 day.  I wouldn't mind that a bit either!  At our 28 week appointment she was measuring in at the 55th percentile.  So I hope she just started her growth spurt a little bit early and will slow down a bit from here on out (and hopefully my weight gain will do the same).  She is supposed to gain about a third to half of her birth weight in the next seven weeks.  She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair!

Weight Gain:  I'm up 25 pounds which is great news!  That means my weight gain has slowed down to about a half pound a week.  If it stays around in there I can still be under 30 total pounds gained!  It has really helped me to only weigh in every other week.  I'm feeling so much less stress about my weight gain now that I'm not constantly checking in on it.  I'm so glad I made that decision!

Maternity Clothes: I tried to wear one of the oversized non-maternity tops I had worn before and it was a smidgeon short.  I could get by with it by having a tank top underneath, but it definitely wasn't flattering.  I'm wearing pretty much all maternity clothes at this point.

Sleep: This week I have been so tired!  I've been sleeping pretty hard and slept through Ty's alarm going off pretty much every morning which I never do!  If I roll too far to one side I wake up because my arm is asleep from all the weight pressing on it.  Most days I took a 20-30 minute nap, but I had a few days where I was so tired I napped for over an hour.  Towards the end of the week I felt like I could have slept all the way through the night when I laid down for a nap, that's how tired I was!  Carter must've known how tired I was because he took 3 hour naps most of the week and slept until 7:00 or 7:30 most mornings.  Saturday morning he slept in until 8:30 am which was crazy!  I woke up and rolled over to check the time.  When I saw how late it was I was afraid to move.  I whispered to Ty if he knew what time it was and we both giggled with excitement.  Then on Sunday he slept in until 8:15!

Symptoms: I ended the day with headaches most days this week, but nothing too bad.  Not a migraine, just an annoying little headache.  Those I can deal with!  Saturday night we went to bed around 11:00.  When I laid down in bed all the sudden I felt my muscles really low down in my pelvis tighten and stay that way for a few minutes.  It was really uncomfortable and made it hard to sleep.  It kept happening about every 30 minutes all night until 7 am the next morning.  I was starting to get worried, but I knew they weren't contractions.  They didn't seem like Braxton Hicks contractions either though because they were painful and they were happening while I was laying down, actually waking me up while I was sleeping.  Ty and I decided we'd call the doctor on call if they continued throughout the day, but they stopped around 9 am and didn't start up again.  I ended up laying down with Carter for his entire nap to help everything calm down and because I was so exhausted from not sleeping well the night before.  I had a lot planned for Sunday, but none of it got done other than going over to Thomas' house in the evening for s'mores.  I mentioned the pains to a friend and she said they sounded like round ligament pain.  I asked the doctor about them at our appointment and he said they could possibly be round ligament pain or Braxton Hicks contractions.  He wasn't too concerned since they had gone away and re-assured me I would be able to tell when I was having actual contractions.  My concern was that contractions may feel different and possibly these were the real deal but just felt different than they had with Carter.

Running: I changed it up this week by hitting 11 miles as my weekly mileage.  On Saturday it was beautiful and I was running with Ty.  As I was running uphill and Ty noticed I was puffing, he offered to take the stroller so I got to run most of the run without it.  We ended up running 3 miles because it was so pretty and I was feeling good.     

Food Cravings: Nothing that I can think of.  My appetite has seemed to curb a bit this week.  Although I am starting to really look forward to a Braum's frozen yogurt soft serve once Elise arrives!

Food Aversions: Smoked foods.

Movement: Still moving around mostly when I lay down in bed at night.  She also likes to move around when I sit down during Carter's naptime.  I'm still feeling her in the middle of my belly and have felt some really strong movements down low.

Best Moment of the Week: Saturday morning we went over to visit our friends Roo and Alan at their new house.  Roo is pregnant and due the day before my birthday.  She's exactly 16 weeks behind me, so it's easy to remember how far along she is.  It was so much fun to hear their story of how they found out the were pregnant, to see her tiny little baby bump, and to share stories.   
Roo starting to get a bump at 16 weeks and me with a big bump at 32 weeks.
Currently Loving: I feel like this week was payback for me talking about how great I felt the past couple of weeks.  It was a rough week, but still not too bad.  I'm getting really excited thinking Elise will be here in 2 months or less.  If she's an early bird like Carter we could be meeting her as soon as a month!  I heard a song on the radio Friday during the day that I wanted to dance with Ty to.  That evening after Carter went to bed he agreed to dance with me.  I was all excited afterward thinking my belly hadn't been as in the way as I expected.  It turned out Ty had arched his back all funny to accommodate my belly, so it really was in the way.  Picture the video with a basketball strapped to the woman's stomach and the guy's back arched all crazy, well, and minus the fancy moves!

Miss Anything: Nope!

What Big Brother is Up to This Week: We had some more beautiful spring-like weather this week along with a couple of really cold days to mix it up.  On the warm days Carter enjoyed playing outside and we had a blast at the park on Saturday.  He enjoyed our toddler program at the zoo despite freezing temperatures and found a flamingo feather to take home.  We had a playdate at a friend's house which he enjoyed because he got to play with all new toys.  When I pulled into the parking lot for our doctor's appointment Carter excitedly yelled, "Issy Eese!" because he knew where we were.  In the waiting room he was whispering that we were going to get to see sissy Elise.  It was adorable!  He picked out a butterscotch lollipop and told us his sucker was brown.  So I asked him what color my shirt was and he correctly said blue.  Ty was wearing a salmony colored shirt so I was interested to see what color Carter said it was.  He responded with orange.  Then I asked him what color his shirt was and he looked and proclaimed "Orange, too!"  Week 32 Bumpdate with Carter.

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Liam slept super well a few weeks ago too. Like an hour later than usual I. The mornings and a longer nap. I think maybe it was a growth spurt, but it was lovely while it lasted! I can't believe you are so close to TERM! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about Elise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a perfectly timed growth spurt as it was the worst week I've had since the first trimester as far as exhaustion. Now I'm feeling much better! Liam and Carter are so in sync with each other! It's getting crazy close and I can't wait!

      Delete