Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Week 27 Bumpdate

We actually remembered to take the pictures when we got home from running rather than after dinner and bath time!
 

January 6, 2015

Baby's Size: Baby is around 14.5 inches long and weighs almost 2 pounds.  Her lungs are still immature but could function with intervention if she were to be born this week.  Survival rate is up to 90% this week!  I'm feeling really good about that!

Weight Gain: When I first stepped on the scale this morning it said I'd gained 16 pounds.  I was so excited that I hadn't gained anything and even lost a pound, but I was skeptical.  So I stepped back on and it said I was up 19 pounds.  I was disappointed and got back on and it again said I'm up 19 pounds.  Darn!

Maternity Clothes: Still rocking out in those few longer non-maternity tops, thanks to my maternity tank tops.  Everything else is maternity all the way.  Although my running clothes are still just my regular running clothes.  I wear my tights below my belly and roll the waistband down so it doesn't press on any sore areas.  I have a couple underarmour tops that are nice and long and cover my entire belly.  It's also nice to run in yoga pants where I can pull the band up instead of folding it over.  That way I can get away with a shorter spandex top without exposing my belly.  I think I'll be able to make it through the winter with all my regular sized running clothes.

Sleep: Carter man is back to his regular 8pm-7am schedule, praise all things!  My sleep has been really good other than getting hot and throwing off all my covers only to wake up freezing!  I did that one night and in my half-asleep stupor reached over and pulled off Ty's extra blanket (he gets cold at night because I am so overheated and need a cooler temp to sleep) instead of grabbing our quilt like I thought I had.  Ty pulled it back and I tugged it back over to my side so he got up and found a different blanket to use, poor guy!  Ty says I snore really creepy almost like I'm drowning if I roll over to my back in my sleep.  Luckily I pretty much always sleep on my side wrapped around my body pillow.  For some reason I wake up at midnight every night.  I don't wake up because I have to go to the bathroom because I usually don't feel like I have to go, but I do anyway because I'm awake and a pregnant lady can always pee!  I've been skipping naps because I've felt like I didn't need them most days and wanted to get more done during naptime. 

Symptoms: I've hit the point where it's getting difficult to tie my shoes.  I also can't see past my belly in some situations.  Which is funny because I still don't feel super pregnant.  In my head I'm not that big and then I walk by a mirror and think holy sh#@t that's a huge belly!  As I was adding my link to my bumpdate from Carter's pregnancy I was thinking how huge I was then.  I laughed as I added this week's pictures because I look the same, I just don't feel that big.  I guess that's a good thing?!  My tailbone is still super sore and I wake up with sore hips some mornings.  Luckily my back hasn't been sore like it was with Carter.  Some days it was almost unbearable with him.  Sitting here I just realized I got out of my plank routine with the holidays and haven't done planks in weeks.  If I missed a day when I was pregnant with Carter I paid for it with back pain.  My lower pelvis has been sore lately though.  Carter took off running toward me and head butted me right where I'm sore and I cried.  It was so painful!  My gums bleed quite a bit when I floss.  I know pregnancy gingivitis is common, occurring in about 50% of women, but it still bugs me!  My belly button is still hanging in there.  The top half is even with my stomach and the bottom half is still tucked in.  I'm thinking it may hold out just like it did with Carter.  I'll keep you posted!

Running: My weekly mileage was 12 miles.  I had a few days where I just wasn't feeling it and stopped at 2 miles.  I'm really hoping keeping my mileage down will keep Elise in longer.  It's probably not the case, but I like to believe part of the reason Carter was premature was that I trained for and ran a half-marathon during the 3rd trimester.  I like to believe that because then it's something I have control over.  My plan is to continue to run, but keep my runs short (no longer than 5 miles) from here on out so Elise will stay put until at least 37 weeks.  It was around this time when I decided to go for the half-marathon and started bumping my long run up from 6 miles to eventually 12 miles when I was pregnant with Carter. 

Food Cravings: Nothing that I can think of.  My appetite is off and on.  Last week I was so hungry I ate 17 bone-in buffalo wings without realizing how many I ate.  Other days I feel like I could skip meals.  It's weird.

Food Aversions: Smoked stuff still grosses me out.  I had green beans and couldn't believe how disgusting they were.  Then my mom tried them and said it was because they were smoked.

Movement: She is still moving quite a bit, but now it seems like she's getting to be more on a schedule.  Before she moved anytime I sat down.  Now she is sleeping sometimes when I'm sitting down.  One day I felt movement a couple inches above my belly button!  Typically I feel her right around my belly button.  Sometimes I feel her down low, but those movements are typically not as strong.  I'm hoping that means she's already getting in a head down position and I'm mostly feeling her kicks.  I still get so distracted watching my belly to see her move.  I love when she has a big enough kick that I can see it out of my peripheral vision.

Best Moment of the Week: Starting the new year and knowing Elise will join our family in 2015 was so exciting.  Now that we've entered the year she will be born in, her arrival seems so much closer!  After this month we just have the months of February (Valentine's Day, my favorite) and March (yay, Spring Break)!

Currently Loving: Our play room!  It is such a functional space and I love playing in there with Carter.  Now we have so many different little play areas.  We play with Duplo in the nursery, Carter's room has tons of toys, he loves his train table and cars in the living room, and then his play room has the trampoline, markers, ball pit, cars, puzzles, and bikes.  It's so much fun to move from room to room.  Before we spent most of our time in the living room.  Carter also loves to run laps through the house using the big open space in the play room, going down the hall and into the nursery.  I was running laps with him yesterday and Harper joined in with us.  I'm also love, love, loving the nursery.  Once the dresser and ceiling were painted and we got all the pink and gray baskets and totes in the room I started to stress out.  It was just too much pink!  I'm not a huge pink fan, I like it but it's not one of my favorites.  I was hoping for the paint to be pink and most of the accents to be our teal/mint color.  We just couldn't find any teal baskets in a light enough shade.  They were all really dark and overpowering, so we went with pink.  I kept fretting that it was too much pink so my mom brought down the fabric we picked out for curtains and had my dad hang them so I could get a better feel for how things would look.  Man, did the fabric make a difference!  It really pulled in the teal and broke up the pinks of the ceiling and the dresser/baskets.  I loved it!  Then Ty disappeared into the garage for a while and re-appeared with elephant cutouts he made of wood.  Our plan is to paint them our teal/mint color which will also bring in more of that color which is my favorite color and I can't wait to have more of it around!             

Miss Anything: Nope!

What Big Brother is Up to This Week: On New Year's Eve we took Carter to a party at the aquarium.  He had a blast and ran circles with a group of girls for part of the time.  He also loved celebrating at home and said cheers every time he touched glasses with someone else.  He proclaimed New Year's day "Happy Day" and has since started saying that most days.  He'll even yell "happy day" after he does something he likes.  It's adorable!  One day we were sitting on the floor playing with puzzles.  My tailbone was getting sore so I told Carter I needed to get up because my back was sore and showed him where my back was sore.  He stood up, ran over, and started rubbing my back.  Then he went over to Ty and had him stand up so he could rub his back in the same place.  It was the sweetest!  My Week 27 Bumpdate with Carter.
Carter wasn't interested in the pictures this week and Harper couldn't even entice him.
 
 
 

2 comments: