Friday, January 30, 2015

Funny Stuff Carter Says: Vol. 1

During December I found myself constantly whipping out my phone to type a note about something adorable or funny Carter said or did.  My 24 month note was so full that I wasn't sure how I was going to consolidate everything into one single post.  Then I realized I didn't need to.  I have a couple of blog friends who dedicate posts to the funny stuff their kids say and I thought that was the perfect thing for me to do.  So from now on I'll be collecting those humorous tidbits and sharing them in a post of their own just like Ashley's "That's What She Said" posts and Sarah's "Liam-isms" posts.  I love the idea of having a Kids Say the Darndest Things-type post to share because kids really are hilarious and Carter is no exception!  The italicized words are my comments to lead up to the quotes or just to add my thoughts or explanations.
This kid is so funny!

As Carter was playing and Harper kept walking over his toys and getting in the way.
Carter: (while looking at me) Harper nap?!!?
Seems like the perfect solution, make Harper take a nap every time she's being bothersome!

Me: Carter, did you poop?
Carter: NO!
Me: Then why does it smell like poop?
Carter: Kin, poop.
He was referring to Thomas' dog, Quinn, who is the only dog to have pooped in our house (that he knows of), but unlucky for him she wasn't visiting that day.

As we were putting together his wooden toy birthday cake.
Me: Uh oh, we're missing a piece.  Where did it go?
Carter: Harper eat!

As Carter was playing with his tummy.
Me: That's your tummy.  Do you have a big tummy Carter?
Carter: Nooooo!
Me: Does mommy have a big tummy?
Carter: YESSSSS!
Really the only time he's acknowledged my growing baby bump.  Usually he just acts like I don't have a big belly popping out in the way!

We were going to visit Ty's family and had left Harper with my brother Thomas.  Carter kept asking about Harper.
Me: Harper is staying with Uncie Tommy.  She's having a doggy party with Quinn.
Carter: Harper, Kin, Doggy pancake party!

While we were eating lunch Jake was talking, mostly gibberish.
Jake: Dada dada
Carter: No daddy.  Points at self.  Caca!
I guess Carter thought Jake was calling him Dad.

Me: Carter did you poop?
Carter: NO!
Me: I smell poop, let's go check your diaper.
I pick him up and carry him off.  
As we walk by Jake,
Carter: Jake poop, ewww!  Stinky!!!!! while fanning his nose like Jake was stinky (which he wasn't).
Notice a trend here of Carter trying to blame others for his poop smell so he doesn't have to get a diaper change?!!

Carter singing in the car:
Oma poops, Opa poops, Mommy poops, Daddy poops, Uncie J poops, Uncie Taco poops, Bobbie poops, Harper poops, Benny poops, animals poop, monkeys poop, Oma stinky poop, Opa stinky, stinky Opa, stinky stinky Opa!
The boy has a fascination with poop.  I was laughing so hard!

Funny Stories:

One morning I kept looking at Carter thinking he had a bruise under his eye.  Finally I got a closer look and realized he had sparkles on his face.  That's when I realized he had put eye shadow on while I was fixing my hair!

Ty and I were sitting across the room from each other in the living room discussing our grocery list before I went to the store.  I would say something to Ty like, "Do we need cheese?"  And he'd say yes and I'd add it to the list.  Carter came over and asked me to color so I gave him a pen and paper.  He sat down across from my mom who was visiting.  He'd say to her "Stawberries?" and she'd say yes and he'd scribble on his paper.  He kept asking her his favorite foods such as apples, blueberries, and cheese.  Then he switched over to random stuff like airplanes and cars.  Each time she said yes, he'd stop and write on his paper.  It was so cute! 

Harper can be a bit of a stubborn dog.  I put her outside in the morning while I get her breakfast ready and she'll sit at the door without going potty even though she's held it since the night before.  I'll stand at the door and yell at her, "Harper, go potty.  Go potty, Harper!"  That must've rubbed off on Carter because I put her outside during lunchtime and she eventually came over and sat at the door to be let in.  Carter looked over at her and yelled, "Harper, poop!  Go poop Harper!"  I couldn't help but laugh!

4 comments: