Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Week 15 Bumpdate



October 14, 2014

Baby's Size: Baby is the size of an apple and measures about 4 inches crown to rump.  Baby is breathing amniotic fluid and can now sense light.

Weight Gain: I'm not liking that the scale says I'm up 2.5 pounds!  That means I gained a pound and a half in one week, yikes!  I feel a bit better that I had gained 3 pounds at this point with Carter.

Maternity Clothes: I've been boycotting jeans for the most part lately.  Yoga pants and my long skirt have been dailies.  I can still wear jeans with a hair tie, but it is increasingly uncomfortable to sit down as the day progresses.

Sleep: Sleeping pretty well at night.  One night I even slept all the way until morning without waking up to go to the restroom.  That's pretty much unheard of these days.  I cut my naps out too soon, but I'll talk about that in a minute.  Last night I had a dream that I delivered naturally and didn't know if it was a boy or girl yet.  I pulled the baby up and announced very excitedly, "It's a girl!" and thought in my head, I knew it.  It was exciting that I was able to deliver the baby and didn't have a c-section in my dream, I hope that plays out.  It was weird that my dream self was so sure the baby was a girl because my actual self really has no idea!  One day I'm sure it's a girl, one day I'm sure it's a boy.  I'm rooting for a girl a bit more than a boy just because we have a girl name all picked out and are super stumped on a boy name!

Symptoms: This week I was exhausted.  Like first trimester exhaustion back in full force.  I don't know if it was in part because I got all excited for the second trimester and decided I didn't need to take naps anymore.  Finally at the end of the week I took a nap and felt much better that day.  All it takes is 30 minutes, but it makes a huge difference!  I've also been having headaches and got a migraine on Saturday night.  Yuck!  I'm hoping it doesn't become a regular thing.  Still getting dry heaves in the morning either first thing or during my run.

Running: Weekly mileage this week topped out at 22 miles.  I ran the Prairie Fire Half-Marathon on Sunday in 1:56:44 which I was pleased with.  8:54 pace isn't too shabby for being pregnant.  I had a bit of soreness in my hips but other than that everything went really well.  I don't plan on running any more long runs from here on out unless we get good news next week about a placental shift.  So my weekly mileage will be plummeting from now on.

Food Cravings: All those trips to Sonic for a junior breakfast burrito (thanks to gift cards I received from students last year and hoarded) have left me addicted to their salsa.  Yesterday I went to Sonic and asked for a handful of salsa.  I left thinking, "I'm going to make this last!" but then I put 2 packets on a breakfast burrito I made today.  If you happen to stop at Sonic and we are going to see each other at some point, will you pretty please get me some salsa!?!!?!  I told Ty I would share and I'm already regretting that I said it!  I'm also all about milk.  I drink a glass of milk every day and I normally don't like milk and choose soy milk over cow milk every time.  Right now it's cow milk all the way though!  I figure it's my body telling me to take in more calcium so I'm doing my best to eat and drink more calcium.

Food Aversions: At the half-marathon this weekend they had some smoked meats in the finisher's area and the smell of it made me sick, so I doubt my guess last week that I'd be able to eat barbeque again is correct.  Still not wanting anything to do with smoked meat!

Movement: I feel like I should move this to the top of the post because it is by far the most exciting news, I felt baby kick yesterday!!!!  I laid down on my stomach to take a nap (I'm a belly sleeper which makes sleeping during pregnancy rough) and felt the baby moving around and sliding a body part against me.  I could feel it right above my pelvic bone which is exactly where baby should be hanging out right now.  It was such an unexpected and great moment.  I was so surprised and excited and tired, I started crying.  Suddenly everything came into perspective about the whole natural child birth vs. c-section (if my placenta doesn't move) dilemma I've been stressing about.  All that matters is that baby is healthy and arrives safely.  I forgot how much feeling the baby move for the first time connected me to Carter.  From that moment on he became real, I was even more in love with him, and was so protective of his sweet little self.  This time I instantly felt so much more in love with the baby and was reminded that there is a baby in there!  For some reason this time I've been randomly forgetting I'm pregnant.  I think mostly because I'm not thinking about it constantly like I was with Carter.  Now I feel more at peace with the fact that I may have a c-section.  I will do whatever it takes to keep this baby safe.  Now I'm not saying I won't grieve a little bit about it, because I will.  Carter's birth was so special and I want to experience laboring and pushing a baby into the world so much, thinking that I may not be able to makes my heart hurt, but I'll still have a baby and he/she will be perfect!  After feeling the baby move I was too excited to fall asleep, so no nap that day!

Best Moment of the Week: Up until yesterday it would have been finishing a half-marathon, but feeling the baby move yesterday totally takes the cake!  It was the best moment of the pregnancy so far!  

Currently Loving: That our appointment is on Monday!  Even if my placenta hasn't moved it will be a relief to be able to ask my doctor all the questions that have been stacking up on my list since I researched placenta previa after our last appointment.  Our doctor will also check to see if we are having a boy or girl, but we will wait to find out until Saturday so we can find out with our families.

Miss Anything: Nothing

What Big Brother is Up to This Week: Carter is becoming more and more independent!  He took his shirt off all by himself for the first time this week.  He is becoming even more verbal as well.  He repeats everything, including sentences!  My favorite this week was when he turned back and yelled at the dogs as we left the house, "Be good, doggies!"  He is hilarious!  Little mister didn't want to be in the pictures this morning so I enticed him with his favorite stuffed animal, Elmo.  He prefers it when he is able to photo bomb.  Since we called him and asked him to get in the picture, he walked about half-way to me and laid on the ground.  Ty tossed Elmo in and then Carter came the rest of the way.  He is a silly guy!  My Week 15 Bumpdate with Carter.

 
 

6 comments:

  1. And then other times he marches along and puts himself in the picture where he thinks he should be. Funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When he gets to photo bomb and isn't asked to be in the picture!

      Delete
  2. Everything sounds good and so excited for you to get to feel the baby move. My neighbor told me how her friend had the placenta previa on all three pregnancies and how things shifted all three times for natural childbirth. Keep your chin up. Love, Leina

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exciting news! So far everyone I've heard that had placenta previa had it shift except for one person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY on feeling the baby move!!! Can't wait to find out the gender!! I like the position of these pictures better-I can see your belly better!!! We don't have a Sonic near us anymore, otherwise I'd get you salsa-I am the queen of stocking up on condiments from fast food joints! Just ask my dad-it's his Cristmas present each year for him to use at the shop! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After your comment, I made sure to stand straight rather than with my belly pointed toward the picture. I think it worked, thanks! That's awesome about the condiments, I love it!!!!

      Delete