Thursday, October 2, 2014

Our Little Stool Bandit

Carter has started doing the funniest thing and it cracks me up every time.  We have a stool at the foot of our bed I used to use in the pantry, but Ty put there so Carter could climb on our bed.  Carter has figured out he can carry it around so he can reach things he normally can't.  One day I was in the bathroom cleaning when I saw Carter walk down the hallway with the stool.  I went out to see what he was doing in time to catch him using it to jump onto our chair in the living room.  Of course he did it multiple times, but once I started filming he was done.  The next morning when I asked him if he wanted to brush his teeth with me he came in carrying the stool and put it right up next to the sink so he could brush his teeth.  Nothing is safe now that he has figured this out!  I've caught him going through the stuff on top of my dresser and turning the faucet on in the bathroom.  It is so cute to see him being a problem solver and thinking of new things to do.  The best part is that he always puts the stool back where it goes when he's done.

Going through the things on my dresser.
Using the stool to brush his teeth.
 
 

Mentioning that he always puts the stool back where it goes made me think of a random side story.  One morning I was sweeping the bathroom.  I saw Carter run by with the dust pan I had left in the hallway.  I figured he wouldn't make it very far, so I didn't worry about it.  When I was ready for the dust pan I looked down the hall and it wasn't there.  I checked our bedroom, not there.  I looked in Carter's nursery and big boy room, it wasn't in either place.  I checked the living room and still couldn't find it.  I asked Carter where the red dust pan was and he followed me in my search with his arms stretched out to the sides as if he was saying, "I don't know."  Finally I went into the kitchen and found it very carefully wedged between our storage shelf and the cabinets on the floor right where we keep it.  Little man was just helping out and had put it back where it goes!  Now I know next time something goes missing, check where it belongs!

2 comments:

  1. I love it when those wheels are a turning!! The uses for the stool and putting it back!! When he is "quiet" is the most worrisome! Where are you and what are you doing?

    ReplyDelete