Sunday, August 24, 2014

Thomas' New House

Thomas signed on his house Monday.  He rented a U-Haul and we moved him in yesterday.  His house isn't quite together even though all of his stuff is there.  During the week my mom came and stayed at our house while going to Thomas' house to work during the day.  They painted the rooms, cleaned, and did yard work.  Then Friday night my dad came out and they all worked late at the house while Ty and I headed home with Carter.  It turned out they decided to rip the carpet up since there was hardwood floor underneath.  Right now most of his furniture is in the living room while they finish ripping up the rest of the carpet.  The floor in his room is ready and looks great, but the other room they ripped carpet up in had linoleum on top of the hardwood, under the carpet.  The floor is really sticky and Thomas is using some heavy duty, horrible smelling stuff to clean it.
The front of his house which looks much better weeded and with mulch surrounding the bushes!
The floor in his bedroom.
Carter supervising while Thomas pulled up carpet.
Thomas applying the nasty stuff!

Yesterday Carter played in the back yard with grammy and the dogs while I helped unload the U-Haul.  Shortly after we had it unloaded it was time for Carter's nap so he and I headed home.  When we went back to the house I brought his swimming pool and we played in a shaded area in the backyard.  Carter loves playing with cups, filling them and pouring them out, so I grabbed an empty Gatorade bottle.  He had a blast watching the bubbles when he put it under water to fill it and was pouring the bottle out into a bucket we had used to fill the pool.  Then he poured some on my legs and I yelled, "Oooooh, that's cold!" playing with him which he thought was hilarious.  So he alternated between pouring water on me and pouring water on Uncie Jeremy.  He had a blast!  When he lost interest I filled the bottle and told him I was going to get him while chasing him.  He ran and I sprayed water on him while he laughed hysterically.  It was quite a bit of fun.  Eventually we went inside to play with some Hot Wheels cars Uncie Jeremy and Uncie Tommy bought him at the store.  We built ramps and he drove them on the furniture.  For dinner we decided on Pizza Hut which Thomas ordered online.  Our order got screwed up and wasn't ready when we went to pick it up so they put the order in at the store and we ended up getting it for free, score!

Trying out the U-Haul ramp.
Jeremy bringing Quinn back after she escaped.

Carter loved sitting on Thomas' window sill.

Today Thomas was using the horrible smelling chemical on the floor and I didn't want Carter to be exposed to the fumes so we played outside the whole time we were there.  When we first arrived I took Carter and Quinn on a walk.  There were no sidewalks so we walked in the street and Carter was extremely good about walking all the way to the side on the shoulder area.  He would take off running and Quinn and I would have to run to catch up.  The boy loves to run and laughed the whole time he did it!  Carter was even really good about holding my hand when we crossed intersections and hopping up into yards when cars were coming.  When we were headed back to Thomas' house Carter saw Jeremy in the yard and got excited.  He screamed "UNGY!" and started to run across the street on his own.  I grabbed his hand, we checked for cars, and then crossed the street.  When we got back we again filled the pool and this time one of Carter's favorite things was to put cars on my leg and let go using my leg as a ramp into the pool.  He enjoyed watching his Uncie Jeremy weed eat and mooched Gatorade from him.  We headed out for lunch and then Carter and I came home for his nap.  He's napping now and we'll head back over for some more fun after that!
Playing with cars in the pool.
Using my leg as a ramp into the pool.
Begging for Gatorade.
 

4 comments:

  1. What a cute house! I love the stone! Why anybody covers up hardwood floors is beyond my way of thinking! So happy that Carter has his two uncles living close by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, hardwood is beautiful! Especially covering it with what the linoleum. They almost ruined the wood with the glue they used!

      Delete
  2. We were so busy, I kind of lost track of what happened when. This is nice to read and review. :) And pictures and storied of Carter are always adorable.

    ReplyDelete