Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I Love...

Carter walking with his hands in his pockets.  All the sudden this is Carter's favorite thing.  He loves to stick his hands in his pockets while walking around.  It makes him look so grown up and dignified.  I don't know why, but I laugh so hard every time he does it!  I'm just hoping he doesn't fall with his hands in his pockets and totally face plant!
My new diaper sprayer!  Online I saw an idea for making your own diaper sprayer.  It looked like it would be quite a bit cheaper than buying one.  I was way too cheap to buy one, sticking my hands in poop water wasn't gonna hurt me and didn't bother me enough to pay money so I could stop doing it.  I showed Ty the idea and totally forgot about it.  While I was gone on our Virginia trip he made me one for a birthday present.  It is pretty amazing!  I was so excited that I didn't have to stick my hands down in the toilet bowl, I wasn't thinking and pulled the insert out of the water without wringing it out first.  Nasty toilet bowl poop water on the floor = fail, but it has been a success every time since!
See the sprayer attached to the hook in the upper left corner.
Carter kisses.  He has moments where he dishes kisses out and it's the sweetest thing.  I love it when I look over and he has his lips puckered up waiting for a kiss.  When I take him around to say night night, he'll say "ni, ni" and then pucker his lips for a kiss.  He even kisses his baby doll which melts me!

Carter playing in the mirror.  All the sudden Carter is fascinated with himself in the mirror again!  One day he found a bracelet in my bedside drawer.  He walked over to the mirror, held it out toward the mirror and said "Here ya go".  Then he pulled it back toward his body, said "Thank you" and put it on his wrist.  I was cracking up.  He even ran in after a shower (his new thing is insisting on showering with me after we run) and plopped down on the ground to stare into the mirror.  The mirror is now on the floor because he pulled it off the wall. 
Hello cute kid in the mirror!
Cute little booty boy!

How helpful Carter is and how good he is at following directions.  Thomas is staying at our house until he closes on his in the middle of the month therefore his dog, Quinn, is also staying with us.  I was looking for Quinn to have her got outside to potty.  I couldn't find her and she wasn't coming when I called her (she's still young and learning her name).  I was walking through the house calling her name and Carter was walking along behind me yelling, "Kin, kin, kin!"  It was seriously the cutest thing!  One day we were taking a picture and I asked Carter to stand up against the wall.  He walked right over and stood there nicely while I took a picture.  Those are just a couple of the really cute examples.

Newly vacuumed carpet.  There's just something about that clean, fresh look that makes my chest feel light and cheery.  I love the patterns the vacuum leaves behind and walk around the house feeling happy and satisfied.  The rest of the house can be a wreck, but if the carpets are clean I'm feeling okay.  Before Carter and I made it home from Virginia Ty vacuumed for me and man, did it do my heart good!

Having both my brothers in the same town as us!  Thomas started his new job on Monday.  We have gotten spoiled with Jeremy's new schedule that allows us to hang out with him more.  All summer he's been watching Carter once or twice a week while I tutor in the evenings before Ty gets home from work.  I tutored yesterday and Carter got to hang out with both his uncies while I was gone!  Carter's even gotten to where if he wants picked up and I'm not doing it quick enough (in his opinion), he switches from crying "mommy" to crying "ungy".  It's the most adorable thing!  We joke that he knows there's no point in crying daddy because daddy's not a softie like the rest of us!
Thomas got ambushed when he got home yesterday!
 
Our running trails.  We went for a run at the trails this morning and it was the first time we'd gotten to run there in 3 weeks!  First we were out of town for our trip and then we were without a car.  Ty was in a wreck and is fine, although sore, but his car was totaled.  He took ours to work so we've been without a car basically since we got home from our trip.  The insurance company finally got him a rental car which he picked up last night.  Pulling up to our normal parking lot at the trails I got so excited.  I didn't realize how much I'd missed it until we got there.
Ready to run at the trails!

6 comments:

  1. I love the wild hair and naked hiney in the mirror picture! So cute! I also love freshly vacuumed carpet and carpet lines-I will stand there and re-vacuum the same spot until I like my line patterns! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Wordless Wednesdays!! Love his walking with hands in his pockets! Loved his walking with hands behind his back!! Love. Love. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when Jeremy started walking with his hands in his pockets. And of course, since it was Ohio, it wasn't his shorts, it was his jacket. :) Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is adorable! Do you have any pictures? How cute would a side-by-side shot of Carter and Jeremy both doing that be?!!?

      Delete