Thursday, August 21, 2014

Random Updates and Thoughts

On Monday Thomas closed on his house.  My mom came down on Tuesday to help clean and paint the house throughout the week.  My dad will come for the weekend and we will all work together to move him into his new home.  Our house has been really full this week.  Like usual we have Ty, me, Carter, Skippy, and Harper.  Then you add in Thomas staying in Carter's big boy room with his belongings overflowing the room and the bathroom, his dog staying at our house, and now my mom on our futon.  There definitely isn't a dull moment that's for sure.  I'm excited for Thomas to move into his house and I'm sure he can't wait to have room to spread out and not find Carter's toys mixed in with all of his stuff.  One day at work his shoe felt funny so he pulled it off and found a puzzle piece in it.  With so many people it's been difficult to keep the house tidy and picked up.  Little Jake Man is over being sick and will be coming tomorrow.  I've definitely got a lot of straightening up to do before he arrives!

Jeremy has been going over in the evenings to help paint as well and we've been seeing him every day.  He started his last semester of community college and will graduate with an associate's degree.  It sounds like he's taking a couple of really interesting courses right now.  His neighbors have a garden and some of their food has grown over into Jeremy's yard.  As a thank you for being cool with the overgrowth they gave him some of their fresh goods.  He shared them with us and they are delicious!  My mom suggested having BLTs for lunch since we had fresh tomatoes and it was the tastiest thing I've had in a long time!  I typically am not a big bacon fan, but with that amazing tomato on there, it was fabulous!

Carter has been saying uncie for both Jeremy and Thomas for quite a while.  We've tried getting him to say it for Paul as well by showing him pictures, but he's not doing it.  I think it will take seeing him in person.  Sometimes he even says Uncie Tommy or Uncie Dimmy.  It is so adorable.  My mom has been anxious for him to pick up something to call her and he just hadn't.  All the sudden this trip he's started calling her "ma".  I am very distinctly mama or mommy and she is an obvious "ma".  I don't know if it's because I call her mom or if it is a shortened version of grandma, but she is loving that he now calls her by name! 

Today at the park Carter made friends with a 17 month old boy who had sharks on his shirt.  Carter was all about the sharks on his shirt and kept pointing at them.  It was hilarious.  One part of the playground equipment has holes and I like to put my face up by the holes and say "boo" to Carter.  He thinks it's hilarious and I alternate between a tall and low hole and he has to search for me.  The other little boy also thought it was funny and started putting his face up by the hole to peek back at me.  Carter got upset because he wanted to play the game and the other little boy was in his way.  I was so proud of him because he didn't hit the boy, he just found a different hole and got me to peek through there.  It was obvious Carter was really frustrated, but he didn't hit.  It made me even more confident that Carter doesn't hit because he's mad or isn't getting his way.  I honestly think it's an attention thing.  After that whole situation passed Carter sat down next to the boy, looked directly into his face and started talking gibberish.  They sat and talked to each other for quite a while and it was the cutest thing!
Enjoying a pear.
Carter was so tired at naptime he fell asleep while we were rocking!

4 comments:

  1. Love seeing him napping with that thumb!! So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. Maybe we should just ignore him when he hits? Well, unless it's a kid or dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being stern and making him apologize seems to work. Now he only goes to time out for a repeat offense.

      Delete