Thursday, August 28, 2014

Summer Fun at the Zoo and Splash Park

Wednesday Carter and I had a busy day.  We went to the zoo for a meetup with two other moms and 3 kids in the morning.  It was so go, go, go with 4 kids since we were doing our best to stay together, which was like herding cats at times.  I didn't get very many pictures due to continuously trying to get Carter to slow down and wait, catch up, or walk the correct way.  By the time we left the zoo it was already well into the 90's and we were both hot and tired.  Towards the end of our trip Carter did something he has never done before.  He pitched a fit and did not want to be in his stroller at all.  The only problem was that he wouldn't walk either.  Between the heat and carrying him my whole side was soaked in sweat.  So I had to do something horrible that I couldn't stand to do.  I had to force him into the stroller and hold him down with one hand while I strapped him in with the other.  Once I got him in he cried for a couple minutes and was fine.  It was the strangest thing.  I think he just wanted the comfort of his momma since he was tired and hungry.  I had packed his lunch so I fed him food a little bit at a time as we walked back to the entrance.

Once home I ate lunch while Carter finished his lunch, I put him down for his nap, and then I headed out for a dentist appointment while Jeremy stayed with Carter.  Shortly after I returned Carter woke up and spent some time playing with his Uncie Jeremy.  After dinner Carter and I went to meet some friends at a splash park.  I tutor for the sweetest boy and his little sister just turned 2.  His mom invited us to meet them at the splash park and I was so excited for Carter to meet them.  He absolutely loved the little girl and would walk right over and squeeze hug her.  When they were sitting down Carter would sit down so close to her that they were touching.  He also loved the boy and would just stare at and watch him.  After playing on the playground for a while he was decently muddy so I took him back over to the splash area to rinse off.  He got all cleaned off and then ran toward the grass, sinking down into a big hole of muddy water.  So much for getting cleaned off!  Later he was walking like a penguin and I couldn't figure out what he was doing.  It turned out he had pooped in his swim diaper which he's never done before and it must've felt strange to him.  Carter was worn out from his busy day when we left and after a quick bath went straight to bed.  I love busy days filled with fun and friends!  I'm also loving Carter making new friends! 
 
 

2 comments: