Today was Carter's first day of school. We decided instead of putting him in public school which would mean he'd go to school 5 days a week, we'd keep him where he went last year so he'd just go 3 days a week. I am so happy with our decision and I know it was the right thing to do. As we walked into the school Carter got a little bit nervous and grabbed onto the skirt of my dress, kind of hiding behind me. We walked over to where his class was and he didn't want to let go of me. Then he looked over in the line and found a friend from his class last year. He was so excited and relieved to see a familiar face! His friend pointed to the wall next to him and asked Carter to stand by him. Once they were together Carter was smiling and very animatedly talking to his friend. I gave him a kiss and a hug and we were off. I took Elise to the restroom before we left and as we came out I heard him telling his teacher, "I have a new puppy at my Oma and Opa's house!" It was so cute! All morning long I heard, "Where's Carty," from Elise until it was time to pick him up. She definitely missed him but will get used to his absence, I'm sure. When I picked Carter up he jumped into my arms for the best hello hug. That's the nice thing about him going to school is getting to pick him up! He just has a half day for the first week of school which is a nice transition. He's been excited about school but nervous about napping there so I'm glad we didn't have to worry about that this week. He said he got to play in the sensory bin and in the play kitchen. He told me all the different foods he made in the kitchen. He sang me a couple songs they learned and then told me they made an Earth craft because God made the Earth. It sounded like a wonderful first day!
Carter's First Day of School Interview
- My School Is: Jenks First Baptist Community Preschool
- My Teachers Are: Ms. Anna and Ms. Christy
- My Class Is: Full day from 9:30-2:30 on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- My 1st Day of School Is: September 5, 2016
- Height: 43 inches
- Shoe Size: 11 or 12
- Weight: 36.6 pounds
- I Hope I Get to Learn About: I hope to learn about animals I don't know about. I want to learn their names and play with toys.
- When I Grow Up I Want to Be: A daddy and a science teacher.
- I'm Really Good At: I'm good at seeing animals with my eyes.
- I Want to Get Better At: Building giant, giant, giant, giant blocks.
- This Year I Want to Learn: I want to learn about how big dinosaurs are.
- I'm Excited About Preschool Because: I like building with blocks.
- My Favorite Thing About Myself Is: I am good at building with blocks.
|Carter on his first day of school last year for 3 year old preschool compared to his first day of school this year for preschool.|