Saturday, May 10, 2014

Splashin on Saturday

Last night I really wanted to take Carter to a nearby park with a splash pad but I was afraid they wouldn't have the water turned on yet.  This morning on my run I saw the water was on and got extremely excited to take Carter!  We went last summer when Carter was about 7 months old.  I knew he would have so much more fun this year than he had before.  Little man is such a fan of water.  Carter woke up at 5:30 and didn't fall back to sleep causing him to be extremely tired all morning.  He went down for a nap at 10:30 rather than his normal 12:00.  When he woke up he ate lunch and we played in the back yard for a while.  He enjoyed playing with the dogs, his water table, and football with his grampy.




Jeremy, Thomas, mom, dad, and I all decided to go to the splash park.  By the time we went Carter was starting to tire out a bit due to his early nap.  At first he wasn't interested in playing in the water unless he was being held, but warmed up after a while and had a blast.  He loved to walk over to where the water sprayed out and watch for it to come.  Occasionally the water would spray him in the face and he would rush over to me to be picked up for a little bit.  He loves water but isn't too fond of it spraying him in the face.  One of his favorite things about the park is the little hills with turf.  He would get sprayed with the water and then walk up to the top of the hill.  Then he'd come back down to the water to get sprayed all over again.

Grammy giving Carter some courage.

Putting his finger in the hole the water sprayed out of.






Running to me after getting sprayed in the face.

Worn out and about ready to head home.

Climbing the hill with some tongue action.

When we got home Carter picked my phone up.  He carried it around pretending to talk on the phone.  His grampy thought it was hilarious so he called him.  Carter actually started talking back into the phone.  It was the cutest!
I got a phone call!



What's this guy talkin about?

4 comments:

  1. What a fun day! I am glad he likes the water, Florida here we come!!
    Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the football pictures were the best until I saw the splash pad pictures, then I thought they were best until I saw the phone pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete