Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday Funnies

This morning as I was getting ready Carter was sitting behind me in the bathroom being so quiet and good.  I turned around to see what he was up to and found him with one of my eye shadows open in his lap.  He was sticking his finger in the powder and rubbing it all over everything.  His knee was glistening with color.  When I turned around he began decorating my pant leg.  
I'm gonna make your jeans pretty, mommy!
What?  I'm not supposed to have a glistening knee?
Little mister loves to get my keys and go up to the door pretending to either lock or unlock the door, I'm not sure what he's going for.  This morning he was on his tippy toes going at the door knob with my keys with all his might.  Gotta love him wearing shorts and popping his cute little calf muscles as he works.

This morning I was running a little bit late.  I tried to sneak some waffles without Carter noticing so I wouldn't have to share with him.  Not because I was being stingy, but because they were Ego waffles and I shouldn't even have been eating them.  They are not a healthy choice!  I didn't account for the fact that Carter has begun to associate the sound of the toaster popping up with food.  I'm not sure how since we don't make much in the toaster for him, but what can I say, he's a smart cookie.  He was sitting in his car playing with the music going, so I'm surprised he even heard it.  The minute the waffles popped up, Carter's head jerked to attention, he hopped out of the car, be-lined it to the toaster, sprung onto his tippy toes, and reached with all him might for the waffles.  Needless to say he ended up with almost an entire waffle to himself.
We got Carter new jammies at Target the other day.  When I saw them I had to get them because one of my dad's favorite jokes is "What is a pirate's favorite restaurant?" and the punchline is "Arrrrby's".  The jammies have monkey pirates on them and the top says "Arrr you sleepy?"  They were so cute and had me giggling in the store so I knew they were the ones for Carter.  I was glad to find them because we've been putting poor Carter man in 12 month fleece jammies.  He can't really bend his legs, his feet are squished, and he gets overheated.  It was definitely time to invest in some new jammies!


When I take Carter in for bedtime and rock him for a little while, I leave the door ajar so I can make a quick and quiet getaway.  Harper has started pushing her way into Carter's bedroom and laying on the floor with us.  It's so cute and I wanted to get a picture of her laying on the floor with us.  Carter decided it was a perfect time to photo bomb.  Each time I tried to get a picture he would pop his head off my chest, putting his face directly in front of my phone.  He thought it was absolutely hilarious and laughed really hard the entire time.  Of course that made me laugh as well so I kept taking pictures and he kept doing it.  It took a while to get calmed back down and in sleepy time mode after that.
The picture I was trying to take.
Carter's first photo bomb.
 

Kid Quotes:

While running outside, "I don't even know where my underwear went." (Can you say worst wedgie ever?!!?)

"Lions live in the savanna in caves.  King of the jungle?  Try king of the savanna!"

We teach our kids to use I-messages to solve problems, "I don't like it when you sit and stare around the room not doing your work.  Please stop."  When I walked by and heard this one I laughed for a solid minute.  Why is it such a problem to you that buddy boy over there isn't doing his work?  But you go sister, get em!

One of the little boys in our class has trouble with dilly dallying and not transitioning from one room to the other for mini-lessons, so we started keeping track of how many times he beats our countdown to the carpet.
Me: "You've been doing so well with beating our countdown I think our new goal should be to beat the countdown every time instead of over half the time.  What do you think?"
Student:  "Well, I'm not a teenager, so I don't know if I can do that."

In honor of Mother's Day this weekend, some great quotes from my mom.  I was going through notes in my phone and found some things my mom said I typed up while laughing hysterically.

To Carter: "Owww, don't bite me!  Go bite Uncie Jeremy!"

"Carter, stop reading and watch TV." I forget what she wanted Carter to see.  She was kidding, but it was still hilarious.  I'm sure she'll fill us in with a comment.

"Sometimes you have to eat when you're full."  Also said to Carter.  She wanted him to try a new food but he was full.  Obviously some great wisdom there.  Again she was kidding, but it was humorous none the less.

2 comments:

  1. I had comments, but was on a different computer and couldn't remember my password. Now I totally forget what I was going to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was waiting for your responses to the quotes I had from you!

      Delete