Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

There are a few things I feel like I was born to do.  I've felt like I was meant to run, meant to teach, meant to live my life with Ty, and now meant to be a mom.  Once Carter was born I instantly felt like that was what I was born to do.  To be Carter's mom, to nurture his growth and development, to teach him problem solving and social skills, but most importantly to love him.  Ben Harper just came out with a new CD featuring his mom, Ellen Harper.  As I drove to work listening to the beautiful lyrics, I was pleasantly surprised when "Born to Love You" began playing through the speakers.  Instantly I related the song to my relationship with Carter.  I love wrapping Carter up in my arms and slow dancing with him, rocking back and forth to the rhythm of the song. I feel like it's a song that speaks to all mommas.  So for all the other mommas out there, pick your baby up (no matter what their age, they have to oblige it's Mother's Day) and enjoy this beautiful song while snuggling or dancing.  Fast forward to 0:37 to skip the talking intro if that's not your thing.  The only video on Youtube is a live version filmed by a fan at a concert.  Happy Mother's Day and enjoy!

Here's a really good quality version with his mom.  For some reason I couldn't find it to imbed in this post, so follow the link to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_W0lO3gST0



2 comments:

  1. They had the CD mentioned in the Sunday paper for Mother's Day because it was with his mom.

    ReplyDelete