Thursday, May 22, 2014

Feeling Nostalgic and Excited

After 17 months I've finally gotten to the point where I yearn for more alone time with Ty.  We've spent the past almost year and a half taking care of Carter, working, visiting family, and feeling sleep deprived.  Since I spent so much time away from Carter when I was with him I didn't want to give any of that time up.  Even if it meant just being in the house while he slept.  I wanted to be with him.  Knowing we were in the same place was comforting.  We had offers for date nights and rarely jumped on them.  I just wasn't up to it.  In the past 17 months Ty and I have gone out alone on a whopping 2 dates.  I know I'm a little late to the party, but better late than never, right?  I'm at that point where I want to sit and talk and reminisce, not just talking about babies and Carter, but about when we first met.  I want to hold hands, sit on his lap, and enjoy those sweet moments.  Ty is pretty excited about it which makes me feel bad for so markedly putting him 2nd in importance.  Hopefully I can do a better job about that next time around, but I would imagine it would only get worse as there would be 2 babies to care for rather than just one.  I'm definitely going to make more of a conscious effort. 
The night we decided we were officially "in a relationship".
Ready for more of this!

Totally changing gears, I am so excited for this weekend.  Ty's brother and sister-in-law will be visiting Ty's hometown.  They live in Florida and we don't get to see them nearly enough.  We haven't seen them since November.  I wish we could visit for longer, but it's the end of the school year and I'm out of personal days.  Ty and I discussed me calling in sick tomorrow so we could leave earlier, but it's Super Kid's Day at school and the kids have been absolutely nutty lately!  I just can't do that to my poor, sweet co-teacher!  Add in getting to meet Garrett (Ty's cousin's baby) and it's going to be such an amazing weekend!  I can't wait to see what Carter thinks of the baby.  He loves being in the infant room at daycare.  Some days he's all about the babies, other days he has zero interest.  So we'll see what kind of day it is when he sees Garrett.
Sharing yogurt with Harper.
Making food to share with the other kids.
Excited his buddy took a bite off the spoon.

2 comments: