Thursday, December 10, 2015

3rd Birthday Letters from Grandparents

I almost forgot to do special birthday letters for Carter this year. Thankfully his Uncie Taco asked me about it so he will have another set of letters for his 3rd birthday. I'm changing things up this year by starting with his grandparents. Read his grandparent letters from his 1st birthday here and his 2nd birthday here.
 
Gma:

Carter is 3!!!

Wow, I can’t believe you are three years old already!  You have been such a joy . . every minute, every hour, every day of the year.  Oh how I wish we lived closer together!

I enjoy our every minute together Carter but I would have to say ‘jammy time’ is still my favorite.  You are extra sweet in the morning. I notice we don’t have to eat the very second you get up now, so we have time to play for a while before we head off to the kitchen to cook together.  You are such a good eater and will try everything and usually like it.  We have made breakfast pizza, peach sandwiches, turtle or snake pancakes, oatmeal with ‘bugs’ and of course fruit, lots and lots of fruit.  You are always willing to help out in the kitchen (you helped carve the turkey this past Thanksgiving) and when you accidently spill something or roll an egg off the counter you are always so apologetic.

Bath time comes in a close second.  Boy do you like the water!   Gma is always on the lookout for new bath toys.  And the night I accidently let your new baby dinosaur go down the drain you didn’t get upset with me, I just heard the sweetest little “oh, poor baby dinosaur” and then you moved on! Then the second night, together, we made sure the new baby dinosaur was safe.  When we Facetime with you and Elise you two are usually in the tub just playing away.  You are getting so big that when you lay down you almost reach from end to end.

I love you so much Carter and wish you a happy, happy birthday!!

Love,
Gma
 

Gpa:

Happy Birthday Carter!



It has been fun watching you grow this last year! You have become a very smart little boy in just 3 years. You are able to figure out how things work pretty quickly. You have taken to running (and as I had to chase you this last week, a very fast runner) also jumping, dancing, climbing trees, riding your bicycle, and even peddling a big wheel. 


It’s been a big year for you and you have also become a very caring big brother to your new sister. We all knew you would be, and I think Elise cares for you as well; she always perks up when you come in the room.


During your last visit we got the chance to take a nature walk on a nice sunny day in November with the whole family. It was a nice memory, and it was fun watching you explore the outdoors and all it has to offer. I got to watch you navigate the stepping stones through the creek, the trees, the flowers, and various animal tracks that you would see, not too much gets by you!


One of my favorite memories will be climbing the cedar trees on the west side of our house, I could barely keep up with you and you had no worries about the heights that you reached, a fun time!


Happy 3rd Birthday, love G-Pa
 

Oma:


Dear Carter, 


     It’s hard to believe another year has gone by.  At times it’s hard for me to believe you’ve been born and we’re lucky enough to have you as a grandson.  You do so many things it amazes me.  I can’t believe how well you can talk.  I liked that you still said “neenee” for banana, because that was something from when you were tiny.  Then one day I heard you ask for a “nee—banana”, and realized we’d lost that part of you being a little boy.  But, there is so much more you’re doing as a big boy, it’s okay to have some of that as just memories.  


     You’re a great big brother, and one of my favorite pictures is of you and Elise in your Thanksgiving shirts looking at each other.  You are so good at letting everyone know you love them and enjoy them.  It’s so much fun to visit and see what new thing you’ve learned, and to just be with you.  


     You’re a great climber and a fearless jumper.  For some reason it doesn’t scare me when you do those things.  With your mom and uncles I’d have been sweating like crazy and trying to get them to stop.  


     I’m looking forward to seeing what this next year brings.  And I know in the blink of an eye you’ll be graduating from high school!


                              Love, Oma

PS You were telling me your favorite fruit once, and you old me cantaloupe was one of them.  First, I couldn't believe you could say the word and second, I didn't like it as a kid, so I'm impressed you like it now. 
 
 
Opa:


Dear Carter:


Happy 3rd Birthday!!!


It is difficult to believe that you are turning three years old already. Time really flies by. Since your last birthday a lot has happened. You are a year older for one, but that is not the biggest thing that is different from you last birthday. This year your little sister will be at your birthday party laughing and having fun along with you. That is pretty awesome.


Oma and I still get to see a lot of photos of you, usually some every day. Now that you are older and know how to use an iPhone, we get to see and hear you at the same time on FaceTime. That is a lot of fun. Sometimes though, you like to hit the Stop Button when we are still talking. Of course, you will call back.


You are able to do so much more now. You can ride a tricycle, run really well, climb trees, say your ABCs, now some of the sounds that go with letters, know a lot of shapes and that a diamond shape is really called a rhombus. Your mom and dad are teaching you lots of interesting things. 


Right now you really like a cartoon called Caillou. Your favorite episode is when Caillou finds a cricket friend in his truck and plays with him. You laugh really hard when Caillou drops an animal cracker in the jar with the cricket thinking that the cricket would eat the animal cracker. You think that is really funny and laugh really hard. You also like when Caillou’s cat chases the cricket. The cat does not catch the cricket, but you think that it is funny that the cat tries to get the cricket.


I like you watch you when you take your bath. You always have funny things that you say or do. I also like when I get to take a nap with you. Sometimes I fall asleep before you do.


You also really like to jump in puddles. You have a pair of boots, so you do not have to get your feet wet, and you jump high and make big splashes.


Here are some of my favorite memories:

  1. It is really nice to see how much you love your family. When Unkie J or Unkie Taco come over you usually run to the front door yelling their names. 
  2. Watching you watch Caillou and hearing you laugh. 
  3. Reading books to you. You love books. 
  4. Watching you ride your trike or jeep. 
  5. Seeing you run really fast circles in the yard. 
  6. Watching you swing really high. 
  7. Talking to you on the phone or on the iPhone with FaceTime. 
  8. How excited you get to run in races. 
  9. Watching you play and laugh with Elise. 
  10. How really excited you get to see other children your age. You seem to especially like girls your age.

We are looking forward to seeing what new things you will learn and do during the next year.


Happy Birthday!!!


Love,

Opa 
 


2 comments:

  1. And I forgot to say, "Happy birthday!" And, looking at the last picture, Carter can put puzzles together by himself now.

    ReplyDelete