Friday, September 11, 2015

Elise's First Finger Painting

With Grandparents Day this Saturday Carter had made a craft and surprise for his grandparents. I didn't want Elise to be left out so we made something with finger paint. She woke up from her afternoon nap about 30 minutes before Carter did so we hurried in and got busy. Once we made our craft I left the paint on her hands and let her go to town on a new piece of paper. I had a flashback to Carter's first time finger painting because she did some of the same things he had. At first she put her hands on the paper and rubbed her fingers around. Then just like Carter had at that age, she grabbed the paper and started waving it around in the air. She ended with almost as much paint on the back of the paper as the front simply for that reason. Thankfully she didn't try to put the paper in her mouth like Carter did his first time painting.
Set up and ready.

I love getting to experience these firsts all over again. It's fun to see how much our babies are alike but then different in their own unique ways! I know I'm more calm and relaxed this time around with Elise compared to last time with Carter. But I didn't realize quite how much more until I thought back to doing the same thing with Carter. When Elise and I were done I cleaned the paint off her and we went on with our day. Carter actually woke up right as we finished. With Carter we finished painting and then I panicked. The paint said nontoxic but how nontoxic is it really? I spent an absurd amount of time online trying to determine if I had just made a huge mistake. I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed his hands because I was so worried he would suck his finger and ingest paint. Second time around it didn't even cross my mind. I guess that's why us middle children are so laid back... Yet Ty is a first born and is also pretty chill so there goes that theory!
She gets so distracted by being able to see herself on my phone screen when I slip it!
My favorite one!
Elise's masterpiece!
Just for fun I thought I'd look back at Carter's first finger painting to see how old he was. Turns out he was 3 days shy of 6 months. Elise will be 6 months old in 10 days. Crazy that I happened to do it at almost exactly the same age! I guess that's just when they seemed ready for it. I searched on the blog and realized I wrote a post about Carter's first finger painting experience. Read about it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment