Saturday, August 20, 2022

First Day of School 2022

The kids got postcards from their teachers in the mail the day before Meet the Teacher. Carter was thrilled because his homeroom teacher was one of his teachers in 2nd grade who was moved up to 4th grade. She's his favorite teacher he ever had. He was even more excited to have her as his teacher than he was to find out two of his best friends were in the class with him! We lucked out this year that the kids' Meet the Teacher was 9-12 and mine was 10-1 and 3-6 so I was able to go to their Meet the Teacher. I'm a 2nd grade homeroom parent for Elise's class and one of the teachers needed help setting up so I got there early and Ty brought the kids later. We were able to get through everything before I needed to leave to make it for my Meet the Teacher. My mom again helped out with the 3 days I had to work before school started which was so amazing! We decided to give the afternoon bus a try again this year. Having to leave right at the end of my contract hours last year was stressful and if I hit any traffic, I would be late. The bus schedule looked really promising. The morning bus would arrive about 10 minutes earlier than last year which gives us more wiggle room if the bus is running late. The bus was on time the first day of school and a little late the 2nd. Last year the afternoon bus was 1-1.5 hours late for the first 2 days of school and the following week which was why we gave up on it. This year the kids weren't the last bus stop of the day, they were the 3rd so we were hopeful the bus wouldn't ever be that late. Their bus stop time was 4:29 last year and 4:06 this year so even if the bus was a bit late, we'd still be better off! I couldn't believe it when the bus pulled in only 5 minutes behind schedule the first day and then was exactly on time the 2nd day. Both kids had a great first 2 days and we are looking forward to an amazing year! Read about past first days of school here: 2021, 2020 Elise, 2020 Carter, 2019 Carter, 2019 Elise, 2018 Carter, 2018 Elise, 2017, and 2016.






Elise's 1st Day of 2nd Grade Interview

  • My School Is: Zarrow
  • My Teachers Are: Sra. Gil and Sra. Ramirez (homeroom and reading), Sra. Chavez (science), and Sra. Bracho (math)
  • My 1st Day of School Is: August 18, 2022
  • Height: 50 inches
  • Shoe Size: 2
  • Weight: 55 pounds
  • I Hope I Get to Learn About: English
  • When I Grow Up I Want to Be: A Teacher!
  • I'm Really Good At: Drawing and Math
  • I Want to Get Better At: Nothing
  • This Year I Want to Learn: I don't want to learn anymore Spanish.
  • I'm Excited About 2nd Grade Because: I get to watch chicks hatch out of eggs.
  • My Favorite Thing About Myself Is: I'm a girl.
Carter's 1st Day of 4th Grade Interview
  • My School Is: Zarrow International
  • My Teachers Are: Sra. Tschida (social studies), Sra. Benitez (science), and Sra. Izquierda (math)
  • My 1st Day of School Is: the 18th of August
  • Height: 55.5 inches
  • Shoe Size: 5.5
  • Weight: 71.6 pouds
  • I Hope I Get to Learn About: Science
  • When I Grow Up I Want to Be: A Worker at Lowe's
  • I'm Really Good At: Reading
  • I Want to Get Better At: Science
  • This Year I Want to Learn: Science, I just love science.
  • I'm Excited About 4th Grade Because: I'm in a new hall and Sra. Benitez is my teacher again. 
  •   My Favorite Thing About Myself Is: I'm hilarious and I'm really good at reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment