Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Carter's First Day of School

Carter was disappointed the first day of school this year wouldn't mean spending time with his friends, but he was super excited about his book present. It was the Captain Underpants book he has been asking for, "Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants". Right after his special waffles breakfast he started reading right away. When he came across a page where you used your first, middle, and last initials to come up with a new name, he spent a long time figuring out everyone's names. It was so cute. Carter's school day started with a Zoom Meeting with his teacher at 9am. Elise was disappointed she didn't get to have a Zoom Meeting with her teacher but she got to meet her later in person. The kids each shared their names and told about their pets. Carter was thrilled when it was his turn. He even got Tesla to get up next to him so his friends could see her. He did lose interest with the meeting. I got up part-way through and came back in to find him sneak reading his new book during the Zoom Meeting, so I will have to monitor him on his meetings for sure! They had some playtime while I showered and then we started our portion of the school day. We had calendar, a read aloud, sight word practice, and then Carter did his Raz-Kids reading online while I worked with Elise. Carter came in to play Play Doh with us when he finished his reading. Then Ty was home for lunch!








Caught reading instead of paying attention!


Carter was excited he got to go into the school with Elise for her meeting with her teacher. I think it actually made him more sad he didn't get to go to school when he was actually inside the school. There were some fun signs outside the school I got the kids' pictures with. The teacher helper in Elise's class was a teacher helper in a 1st grade class last year so she knew Carter. We got cake pops afterward and then went to the Meet the Maestra Parade. It was fun to hear the teachers call out Carter's name when they recognized him. He enjoyed getting to see his teachers from last year too. When we got home it was math time. Carter did his Zearn lesson on the computer while I worked with Elise. Read about Carter's first day of 3 year old preschool here, preschool here, kindergarten here, and 1st grade here.


Carter's First Day of School Interview
2nd Grade
  • My School Is: Zarrow International School (He calls it Zarrow)
  • My Teacher Is: Senora Bracho
  • My Class Is: 2nd Grade
  • My 1st Day of School Is: August 31, 2020
  • Height: 52.5 inches   
  • Shoe Size: 1 
  • Weight: 56 pounds   
  • I Hope I Get to Learn About: The sea.
  • When I Grow Up I Want to Be: A book writer, an author. 
  • I'm Really Good At: Writing books. 
  • I Want to Get Better At: Talking in Spanish. 
  • This Year I Want to Learn: Spanish 
  • I'm Excited About 2nd Grade Because: I'll be really old, I'll be older.   
  • My Favorite Thing About Myself Is: I just like my whole self.

2 comments: