Friday, September 2, 2016

Funny Stuff Carter Says

On the drive home from a birthday party where Carter had snuck some candy after cake while I was cleaning Elise up:
"Why did you let me eat so much junk? Now my tummy hurts!"

One of our friends gave us a tent for Elise. Carter pulled out some pieces and put them together.
"Mom, look what I made. I made some homemade muscle jivs!"
Elise showing off a muscle jiv.

"I've figured something out. When you have an itch, just rub it. If you scratch it, it will hurt."

"I can't drink water anymore. It makes me sick. I can only drink milk or lemonade, okay."

"My tummy says I need to eat quickly. This is not quick!"

"Smell my hands mom. They smell like cheese hands."

Opa to me: Your mom worries about something bad happening to her kids or grandkids.
Carter overhearing: Oma, you don't have to worry about me and Elise. Mommy and daddy keep us safe.

Carter wanted me to tell him jokes in the car and then started making up jokes of his own.
Carter: Why was the tiger swimming in the potty chair?
Me: Why?
Carter: Because it roars!

"I need to work on my email for a little bit in bed before I go to sleep." Then he walked off toward his room with the toy computer we were given by a friend.

Carter: Knock knock.
Me: Who's there?
Carter: It's me, Carter. There's a talking finger. While pointing his index finger at me.

One afternoon the kids woke up from naps still tired and bit grumpy. Carter asked to lay in our bed and eat fruit snacks as a snack. That night Ty found fruit snacks Elise had spilled on his side of the bed and ate them. The next night Ty said, "I'm disappointed there are no fruit snacks in the bed tonight."

Carter: We sure have a lot of American flags around here.
Me: That's because we live in America.
Carter: I like living in America!

Elise comes into the room eating a Hershey's kiss.
Me to Elise: Where did you get that?!
Carter takes off to the other room and yells to me as he walks back in.
Carter: I figured out where Elise got the candy. I followed the candy trail and found this (holding up a candy) in a laundry basket behind the chair.
I had totally forgotten about the last basket of stuff Ty had loaded up in the kitchen and moved out so we could paint. Carter saying he followed the candy trail cracked me up. I went in the living room and there was a little trail of ripped up wrapper.
Elise going for more candy after we discovered where she found it.
Carter getting in on the action with her.

Me: Since you already watched some tv in the car, you won't be watching any tonight. Would you like to take Harper on a walk with me instead?
Carter: Oh, yes, that would be fun! And you need to get steps. Daddy only needs to get 7 steps so he doesn't need to go.
I guess he's picked up on me talking about getting steps with my Fitbit.

Talking to our neighbor as we walked by and she was mowing her lawn.
Carter: You are chewing gum! What flavor is it?
Neighbor: Oh, yes, I am. It is cinnamon.
Carter: My grandma has gum at her house but it is old!

We walked back by and our neighbor was still mowing.
"She's still mowing and it's getting dark outside! She's getting good exercise!"

Carter: What is our boy neighbor's name?
Me: Gary
Carter: Gary! And her name is Gary! Them have the same name!
Me: No her name is Carol. Her husband's name is Gary.

"What are we going to do with you, Elise?" Said to Elise at dinner as he rubbed food on her head.

"Thank you for letting me butter my bread. When Elise is 2, she'll be able to do this like me. When's she's big and 2, she can do this too."

I was laying down with a migraine and Carter was laying on me.
"I know your head hurts and you aren't feeling good but one day you will wake up and feel better. I promise."

Cute ways he says some words:
Frisbee- risbee
Each other- eachagether
Caterpillar- catapiggar

Every night before bed he asks me to sing No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. So I turned the rhyme into a song. Sometimes if he's really tired he'll request boing boing and I know what he means. Ty stresses out a bit about singing it since it's not a song and he doesn't know the tune. When Carter asks him to sing it, it usually doesn't go very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment