Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Happy Birthday, Ty!

Today is Ty's 30th birthday. To celebrate the 30 years he's spent on this earth being awesome, I'd like to share 30 things I love about him.
Ty and Carter on Ty's birthday last year.
1. He has the softest heart and is so loving. When he goes for something, he goes all in. Whether it's a friendship, a relationship, a new job, he gives it his all.

2. He is crazy loyal. If a friend is in need, he will do anything for them. He sticks by his people 100% and won't let those he loves down.

3. We jokingly refer to him as the beasticle because he is rough and just bull mooses his way around. I joke that he has one strength and it's beast mode. But put a newborn baby in his arms and he is suddenly gentle. It melts my heart every time.


4. When something is bothering me and I'm upset, he always pushes me to share my feelings even when I want to just bottle it up and let it go.

5. He makes it a priority to be there for the important stuff. He works a lot and has long hours, but when it comes to something for the kids he makes it a point to leave work early or take time off.

6. He is easy going and goes with the flow. When he's working on a project he doesn't obsess and have to finish it right away. He takes his time and makes sure he's available to help put the kids to bed and spend time with me. It doesn't bother him that it takes him longer to finish things because he knows it is important to get that quality time in as well. Now if I could just pick this up!

7. He has a great sense of humor and makes me laugh all the time. I can't tell you how many times he made me pee my pants when I was pregnant and 100% of the times he did it were on purpose!

8. It's amazing how quickly he falls asleep. I know it sounds weird for that to be something I love about him, but his snoring is calming to me and I like to hear him snoring before I fall asleep because it makes it easier for me to fall asleep when I know he is happy and sleeping. I also like it because I don't have to worry about him getting woken up when I get up before him or if he has to get up to help with something in the middle of the night because he's back to sleep within seconds.

9. When he doesn't know something he's not afraid to admit it. He seeks out answers and isn't too proud to ask for help.

10. No matter what he's doing or working on he always stops to talk to me or to give me a hug if I need one. He shows me how much he values me every time he does it.

11. He supports me in everything I want to do. When I wanted to run a half marathon 8 months pregnant, he was there cheering me on. When I want to take the kids out to eat for lunch on a very tight budget, he says, "Go for it, we'll figure it out." When I wanted to stay home with our children, he said we could make it work although it was terrifying for him. When I wanted to have natural child birth, he was there rubbing my hips. Even when he's skeptical of something at first, if he knows it's really what I want he makes it happen.

12. He still has some child in his heart. He enjoys playing with Carter's toys and gets excited to do things with Carter and Elise.

13. He doesn't get embarrassed or defensive about things he doesn't do quite right or that he struggles with. He takes constructive criticism better than anyone I know. 

14. The freckles on his arms make my tummy do flip flops. I don't know why, but they are so darn cute!

15. He has made it a point to become healthier so he can be a good role model for our children. He has a good workout routine and has been incorporating so many more fruits and vegetables into his diet! He made some changes after Carter was born and continues to improve.

16. When he makes his mind up, he sticks with his decision. He doesn't doubt himself or second guess. He trusts his instincts and judgement.

17. He is so handy and can fix most problems. If he doesn't know how to do something, he figures it out!

18. The excitement he gets over little stuff. Like getting to drink a rum and coke, going out for dinner, and wearing costumes in races.

19. His is generally just so darn happy. It takes a lot to get him down.

20. How much he loves being a dad. Our monitor stopped working and Ty really pushed for a security camera we could pull up on our phones so he can check in with Elise while he's at work.

21. His love for cooking. I've never really enjoyed cooking very much so Ty did a lot of the cooking when we were sans kids. Through him I became more confident in the kitchen and am more open to trying new things. I also know if dinner isn't quite finished when he gets home, he not only won't care, he'll step in and finish it for me.

22. The quirky outfits he puts together to workout in. It's almost like he purposely doesn't match, for example wearing green shorts with an orange shirt.

23. He loves hanging out with my family and playing games. He gets along with everyone so well and it feels so natural. He definitely belongs.

24. He drives 90% of the time and with no complaints. 😉 He likes to drive and most the time when I offer he turns me down. Mostly because he'd rather not be a part of the circus that often times is entertaining the kids on long car rides, but I know he would even if that wasn't the case.

25. He makes sure to give me a kiss before he leaves for work, no matter what. Even if I'm still asleep. Even when he's running late.

26. Competition is not his thing. He works hard and is motivated to do his best, but he's not really outwardly motivated by competition. So many people have asked me if it bothers my husband that I beat him in races and it absolutely does not. He is proud of me and doesn't get caught up in the whole "getting beat by a girl" thing. 

27. When he gets woken up in the middle of the night he is a bit of a crazy person. Typically he immediately jumps out of bed and is moving before he asks what is going on, it is hilarious! 

28. He always jumps into action. He has quick reflexes and immediately responds to situations. The first time we ever took Harper to a dog park a dog came running up out of nowhere and attacked her. I froze in panic and Ty reached across me and lifted Harper into the air away from the dog. He was like Superman. If he's somewhere else in the house and hears something that could be a problem, he comes running.

29. He is a great care taker and doesn't get grossed out about things. He's been peed, pooped, thrown up on and is almost unphased. One time I got sick and ended up projectile vominting in the bathroom in the middle of the night. He heard me trying to clean it up and sent me back to bed so he could take over.

30. He gives the absolute best hugs and always lets me let go first so I can hug him as long as I want.❤️
Happy big 3-0, my love!!!! Life just keeps getting better with you!

2 comments: